Which wired high impedance over ear headphones are decent without breaking the bank?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Currently looking at Sennheiser HD 598 CS but I'm willing to spend a bit more to get decent high impedance cans. Would love noise cancelling if it doesn't impede sound performance but as long as they isolate noise I might be OK without it.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Currently looking at Sennheiser HD 598 CS but I'm willing to spend a bit more to get decent high impedance cans. Would love noise cancelling if it doesn't impede sound performance but as long as they isolate noise I might be OK without it.

I know Beyer Dynamic makes some solid models from what I've read and researched but I haven't personally tried them.

beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure but they have them available in 32, 80 and 250 ohms. I think the 80's would be your best bet....250 is overkill especially for a small mobile device like yours.

I'm looking at Vmoda m100 that are listed as 32ohm but not sure that will trigger.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at Vmoda m100 that are listed as 32ohm but not sure that will trigger.

I auditioned those. If you like your low end nice and heavy, you'll like them. If you like less pronounced bass but nice sharp clarity, try out the Sennheiser Momentum 2.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if I even need high Impedance.... The DAC works regardless

Well, look at it this way, being that 32ohm is best for mobile devices, your V20 with its DAC would power it much better than if you didn't have it. High impedance cans would be better for studio equipment where you need more power to run them nice and efficiently.

Well since I'm using them with a phone it would be nice to take calls

Yeah it is nice to have. I have the mic on my Sony's on the bottom left side of the headset. Its ok in a low and/or quite environment but not so great if its loud because it picks up everything! You can always buy a cable with a mic if whatever cans you go with don't have it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, look at it this way, being that 32ohm is best for mobile devices, your V20 with its DAC would power it much better than if you didn't have it. High impedance cans would be better for studio equipment where you need more power to run them nice and efficiently.

Yeah it is nice to have. I have the mic on my Sony's on the bottom left side of the headset. Its ok in a low and/or quite environment but not so great if its loud because it picks up everything! You can always buy a cable with a mic if whatever cans you go with don't have it.

Sorry I'm not sure I'm reading you correctly.... Am I better off with or without high impedance.?

Funny but I have a cheap pair of Sony headphones that trigger high impedance because when the noise cancelation is active their impedance jumps up to 220
http://www.sony.com/electronics/headband-headphones/mdr-zx110nc

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Didn't realize the mic was active while listening to music

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I'm not sure I'm reading you correctly.... Am I better off with or without high impedance.?

Funny but I have a cheap pair of Sony headphones that trigger high impedance because when the noise cancelation is active their impedance jumps up to 220
ZX110NC Noise-Cancelling Headphones | MDR-ZX110NC | Sony US

High and Low Impedance Signals - Support - Whirlwind

Low Impedance vs. High Impedance? Huge Difference?

Didn't realize the mic was active while listening to music

Its not active during music, only during calls.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7