Battery Drain Over Night (including MYSTERIOUS screenshot)

Kujoja

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Clickbait alarm!

battery pattern.jpg

No seriously, look at those little "stairs" in battery drain graph and those LG steps counted between 4 and 6 AM. Obviously I was sleeping at that time (and no I was not sleep walking, and no, there are no ghosts in my room) and the phone wasn't in use or being moved at all (to activate the step counter).
The overall battery drain over night is usually at 1%/hour or less. Last night it was 1.5% because of those draining "stairs" (and maybe the step counter?) above.
Any idea what this could be? Or how I can monitor this more closely? Or does anyone else have similar experiences?

Thank you~

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Clickbait alarm!

View attachment 248573

No seriously, look at those little "stairs" in battery drain graph and those LG steps counted between 4 and 6 AM. Obviously I was sleeping at that time (and no I was not sleep walking, and no, there are no ghosts in my room) and the phone wasn't in use or being moved at all (to activate the step counter).
The overall battery drain over night is usually at 1%/hour or less. Last night it was 1.5% because of those draining "stairs" (and maybe the step counter?) above.
Any idea what this could be? Or how I can monitor this more closely? Or does anyone else have similar experiences?

Thank you~

Couldn't tell, 6 to 8% overnight loss is normal for me. Anything updating/syncing in the background out of the ordinary? That looks like something asking the phone up every hour to sync.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't tell, 6 to 8% overnight loss is normal for me. Anything updating/syncing in the background out of the ordinary? That looks like something asking the phone up every hour to sync.
6 to 8 sounds high to me. Even with all syncs on I lose maybe 2 percent overnight.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
6 to 8 sounds high to me. Even with all syncs on I lose maybe 2 percent overnight.

Yeah, I've been trying to figure out what changed. I used to only lose 1-2%. Something is keeping the phone from deep sleep, but I can't tell what.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Over the course of how many hours? and with what settings?
Last night it didn't drain one percent at all. I'll try again tonight and take a screen shot.. Last night was probably 7 or 8 hours.. No settings.. Just.. Sleeping.. Once doze kicks in it sleeps like a mummy

Kujoja

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
What are all those 4G and 3G notifications on top. I mean I know one is from the carrier but why so many?

I'm using the dual sim version :)

btw, LG handles dual sim like a charme, I'm very impressed. super intuitive sim card management and no battery drain either (screenshot above was taken on a night with dual sim use, the original screenshot of this thread was with single sim usage)

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Still lost 5% last night with battery saver on, weird it used to be 1 or 2%...no new apps, and nothing looks out of the ordinary. Phone idle is high though.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I woke up through the night and answered a few emails too.

73e667ee4ec5fe0763dd68e1eaee8abd.jpg

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
No, you can turn it on immediately and run it all the time if you want. Dims the screen, turns off animations, background syncing etc..
Yes, you're right that it can be turned on immediately... I've just never used it like that. I'm not sure that it actually turns off synching, though.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you're right that it can be turned on immediately... I've just never used it like that. I'm not sure that it actually turns off synching, though.
I've tried it, especially on a day where I'm traveling and not tied to my phone's constant syncing. It's a good option to have when you're in a pinch.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I don't use it either, just tried it last night to see if it stopped my overnight battery drain.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt