Lg v20 connects to calls but not media

Andrew Rokey

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
As the title states, the v20 will connect to the Bluetooth of my 2013 Hyundai sonata I can make calls and such, but it will not play media for some reason?? Very frustrating. Thanks in advance

Andrew Rokey

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
The song shows up on the touch screen, but no sound, I can download btmono off playstore and sound comes out but horrible quality

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I suspect you may have done this but.....have you checked settings > Bluetooth and then tapped the setting gear next to your profile for your Bluetooth connection to your car? After tapping it you see two entries in the profile with on / off sliders. one for Call Audio and one for Media Audio. Both sliders should be set to the right and be in the on position.

If all is well, you may want to check your car manufacturers web site to see if there is a firmware update for your car system.

That's all I got, hope it helps,

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Your screenshot only shows Call audio. On my Bluetooth profile for my car there is an entry right below that one for Media audio. When you try to re-pair your V20 with your car make sure you delete the V20 Bluetooth profile from your car AND your phone to make sure you get a "fresh start."

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
As the title states, the v20 will connect to the Bluetooth of my 2013 Hyundai sonata I can make calls and such, but it will not play media for some reason?? Very frustrating. Thanks in advance

2013 elantra and 2017 sonata had no issues. I originally had trouble with my G5 on the elantra without out going calls not being able hear it ring. Calls would just connect. Never figured out what it was since it worked itself out. Must have been an update or Verizon issue.

Last edited:

Gary Taylor5

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Your screenshot only shows Call audio. On my Bluetooth profile for my car there is an entry right below that one for Media audio. When you try to re-pair your V20 with your car make sure you delete the V20 Bluetooth profile from your car AND your phone to make sure you get a "fresh start."

I tried that but still the same issue with my 2013 optima .
No media option. Very frustrating..
Any other ideas?

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Tried, all of the above still no music.??

A few more suggestions.....have you tried going to your car manufacturer's web site or your car dealership to see if there is a firmware update for your infotainment system? Another thought, is there a way to reset your infotainment system in your car? Again, the manufacturer website may be able to provide you with some guidance. Sometimes you have to disconnect the battery. Last thought, have you searched for any forums focused on your car to see if others have had the problem you are experiencing to see if you can find some guidance? Wish I could provide you with an easy answer.

Cheers!

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my car stereo. The only way I can get it to work is by having music playing when I connect to the bluetooth for some reason. Which means I have to reconnect every time I turn the car on/off which is very annoying. It wasn't like this with my G4, I could leave bluetooth on and it would just switch to the car stereo automatically. I was actually going to ask this same question, I'm glad someone else has already. I see that I'm not the only one.

Pewpewbbq2212

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
But seriously has anyone figured this out? Ive had my v20 for 1 week now and the bluetooth media audio issue in my 2013 elantra just began last night. My G3 would occasionally give me issues but a simple reboot of my phone seemed to solve it. Wtf