Photo hint: low light, turn HDR off.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
There's a brutal delay if you use HDR in low light. I had my HDR set to On (as opposed to auto or off), and took son Christmas morning photos... nasty delay. Turned HDR off, no problem.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I've noticed that when HDR is on the stock camera app can be a little clunky. Actually I've had a few times where even with HDR set to auto it's been a little clunky. In its defense, I didn't notice if it was pushing HDR on for the shot.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that when HDR is on the stock camera app can be a little clunky. Actually I've had a few times where even with HDR set to auto it's been a little clunky. In its defense, I didn't notice if it was pushing HDR on for the shot.
If can definitely be clunky in low light, even with HDR off.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site

I noticed that HDR Auto does not always trigger. So I turn it On all the time until I turn it Off

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Yea I've had some 3 full second delays with hdr set to auto in indoor lighting conditions. I just downloaded the Dec security update via LG bridge which was quite large, so I'm hoping maybe there were some camera improvements baked in.

Last edited: