LG v20 - Battery life and degraded cellular signal

adam.bean

May 31, 2013
Visit site
First month, was getting 15-20 hours battery life, now getting 8-12.

No change in software or usage. Have noticed worse cellular signals though. Just today I went from 4g to no service when everyone else in the house (all vzw) remained 4g. Have seen this many times. Going to try a new sim card.

Curios if others are experiencing any similar symptoms.

Feels like the damn V10 all over again.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am sorry to hear that, OP! The kind of signal or network coverage you are receiving will definitely have an effect on your battery consumption.

adam.bean

May 31, 2013
Visit site
It's really odd. I'll be using my phone and watch it drop from 4g to 3g without me moving. My wife has an S5 and she never loses 4g when we're in the same location. Something definitely funky but honestly very similar to the v10.

sayf777

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
It's really odd. I'll be using my phone and watch it drop from 4g to 3g without me moving. My wife has an S5 and she never loses 4g when we're in the same location. Something definitely funky but honestly very similar to the v10.

Different version of LG V20,different network, different country and I'm also experiencing the same thing.

Froggie229

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
I have never had the problem before with my v10 but every time I get in my car is says my signal is weak. Does anyone know how to boost this or why this is happening? btw forgot to mention this is a v20.

Last edited:

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I've experienced some pretty random battery life/signal decrease myself. I'm on AT&T. Haven't changed anything notable, but when I use the GPS on my phone I might as well have it plugged into the wall. I realize how and why GPS drains battery, but it seems to be getting worse everytime I use it.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I've experienced some pretty random battery life/signal decrease myself. I'm on AT&T. Haven't changed anything notable, but when I use the GPS on my phone I might as well have it plugged into the wall. I realize how and why GPS drains battery, but it seems to be getting worse everytime I use it.

Signal pull with weak reception even for something as simple as GPS will quickly drain a battery.

Wonder Why

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
Anyone has try dial *#546368#*990# on usuall call mode? This is hiden menu. I dont know if it is work on another country,but it works well in Indonesia. After you call it,the black screen will show up,choose the most bottom,Field Test-> Modem Settings-> RAT Selection. And then you can choose which network you prefer to. Here it is the last screen after we choose Rat Selection;

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-03-06-17-32-11.jpg
    Capture+_2017-03-06-17-32-11.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 32

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Signal is super weak on ATT as well (In my office anyway). Lose signal or frequently sitting on one bar. Was never like that before.

I'm having the same issue as well. I went to at&t a few days ago, and they ran diagnostic on it, and said there is nothing wrong with the phone. I had them give me a replacement SIM card, but it didn't change anything. I still barely get 1 bar, even though I can see the cell towers from my house. I don't think my battery life is what it should be, either (maybe 2 or 3 hours of SOT with nothing too intensive, mainly email and browsing these forums). On my Note 4, I could look at the battery stats and see if there were any weak cell signals (there would be red or yellow if the signal was weak, but I don't see that option with my V20).

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The V20 is actually weaker than my Note 4 for Verizon signal. It is about the same or a little weaker than the Note 7 was. Note 7 signal reception was not a strong suit for it.

Wonder Why

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
I don't know in another country, but if V20 run in 4G LTE (4G icon on the left side next to signal), it drains battery significantly here in Indonesia. That's why I often switch to GSM in some conditions although 4G is more reliable and faster ??????

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois