Worse battery life after I started swapping batteries?

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had third party batteries for the G3 that worked just as good, if not better, than my stock battery. OEM is not inherently better.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any decrease in battery life when swapping batteries. I don't swap every time the one in the phone gets low. My situation allows me to plug in for half an hour or so. I believe this allows each battery to condition itself to give the optimum performance. In fact, my battery life for both batteries has improved. So I get great performance when I swap.

Norman Ruano

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm starting to think this could be the cause of my battery problems as well, although I have had both batteries die on me overnight and "Android system" on top of the list

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm starting to think this could be the cause of my battery problems as well, although I have had both batteries die on me overnight and "Android system" on top of the list
I have two batteries as well and my phone dies like crazy now. I assumed it was something I'm doing wrong. I can lose 20% like it was nothing

Norman Ruano

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
I just purchased a 3rd battery from LG and haven't swapped out even when low and still same issues, according to GSam the phone is being held awake and causing the battery drain when not being used. I just can't pinpoint what exactly on the Android system is causing the issue, really love the phone but if I can't fix the issue I might have to go back to the iPhone not that I want too but it's becoming a huge issue. I shouldn't need 3 batteries to get through a day. Battery is great when I actually use the phone, the problem is the drain when I'm not using it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have two batteries as well and my phone dies like crazy now. I assumed it was something I'm doing wrong. I can lose 20% like it was nothing

So if you use the same battery for a few days does it still drain?
I don't think swapping batteries makes a difference. I had three batteries for my G5 and never an issue.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
It's probably not caused by swapping batteries
I was talking to my brother yesterday and asked him how is his V10 doing and he said next time LG gives free batteries to give him good original ones and not cheap crappy ones. I told him what did he mean and he said that the 2 extra batteries that he received from LG don't hold their charge as long as the original battery that came with the phone. They drain quickly so he just mainly uses his original battery for the longer run time.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
How do you like the G5? Would you recommend it? I've read a few folks say it's got an overheating issue but that could be a few and far in between issue.
I don't recall an issue but not as cool as the V20. Are you looking to buy another phone?... Lol
I still have... Probably should sell it but it's a grear backup in case I need it.
The camera lens had broken on me and I don't recall damaging it. Replaced it myself. I was concerned that the same thing would happen to the V20 and even warned people prior to the V20 release but I was mostly ignored. So far so good on the V20.
I did have a GPS issue but LG fixed it.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't recall an issue but not as cool as the V20. Are you looking to buy another phone?... Lol
I still have... Probably should sell it but it's a grear backup in case I need it.
The camera lens had broken on me and I don't recall damaging it. Replaced it myself. I was concerned that the same thing would happen to the V20 and even warned people prior to the V20 release but I was mostly ignored. So far so good on the V20.
I did have a GPS issue but LG fixed it.
Thanks! Mike, Mike, Mike...can a girl ever have too many phones?
It's awesome now with Nougat. My wife has the G5
I must admit, there's a temptation.

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if you got a counterfeit battery and cradle. Counterfeits are often sold on Ebay and look exactly the same as the original battery's but at a much cheaper price to make them attractive to the buyer? Where did you buy your spare battery and cradle?
I second this, there are very good fakes out there. Even the "reputable" sellers on eBay and Amazon sell fakes. I only buy from OEM or best buy etc...