Textra vs Google messenger?

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I decided to go back to Textra. It may not support gifs from Gboard but it has its own gifs that are easier to search. But keep the recommendations coming. I'm sure we'll all be at least a little interested in checking out something new!

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Textra... Mainly customization... Plus I like being able to use the iOS Emoji with the wifey (iPhone user but I still love her)
Have it set the same way here, both with iOS emojis and the wife with the iPhone 7+. I used to hate iPhone even though the 3GS was my first smartphone. Also at one point had 4 and 4s bet then went Android and thought I'd never be tempted by Apple again. Then the wife got the 7+ due to it was the only phone with, at least somewhat, of a physical home button in a big screen size after the whole note 7 BS due to loss of trust in Samsung. Needless to say, I actually started to like the 7+ but the slow as f*** charging is a deal breaker, plus the more I use my v20 the more I'm glad I didn't. Back on topic though, the emojis that come stock on the v20 are uglier than trumps a**!

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm using Google messenger, RCS is fantastic.
Unfortunately Sprint is the only carrier in the US using RCS right now, or at least to my knowledge, and I'm on T-Mobile. As soon as RCS is available on my carrier I'll probably swap over unless Textra or stock gets support. Though it may not matter much because 99% of the people I text have Apple crapPhones.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I started using Google Messenger when I got the V20. There's a lot I like better about it over the stock LG messaging. I haven't tried Textra yet.

sblair1269

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
On Sprint, I use Textra as well. Customization is topnotch. Two problems, app crashes when trying to scroll thru emojis and sometimes I can't receive nor send mms over WiFi, even after changing from system to legacy.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Using Google messenger, on my HTC One A9. Sprint is the only one where they are using the full RCS system. T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon have it too but they limited how much they use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36