Google keyboard

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I just started using Google keyboard. It's actually really nice and I was excited about being to send gifs. When I select the gif option. See screenshot. Why can't I send gifs?(this is in my stock messaging app) I haven't tried any others.
6206cdc58ae757fa0c171dea62c133aa.jpg

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I just started using Google keyboard. It's actually really nice and I was excited about being to send gifs. When I select the gif option. See screenshot. Why can't I send gifs?(this is in my stock messaging app) I haven't tried any others. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170102/6206cdc58ae757fa0c171dea62c133aa.jpg

Not everything will work with it. I've also encountered this. Other messaging apps like Facebook messenger , Textra, what's app and etc work fine with it though.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm downloading messenger right now. Simple test that's quick

Confirmed as working with Google messenger. I guess I should have checked this before creating a new thread. Maybe this will help someone else.

Last edited:

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm downloading messenger right now. Simple test that's quick

Confirmed as working with Google messenger. I guess I should have checked this before creating a new thread. Maybe this will help someone else.

No worries ! Glad it's working ^_^. I love Google keyboard

coppy1974

May 3, 2015
Visit site

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I was excited to try out the new "g-board" but I don't like how small it is in landscape mode. Is there anyway to change that? I've been using Swiftkey for years and like it better than anything I have used so far.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I just found out that I was trying to use the LG keyboard. I wasn't seeing Gboard in my options. I had to go to "see more keyboards" and enable it. Now I'm actually using Gboard. Lol. I'm so used to Swiftkey that I am not sure I'll like it but I'm going to rock it for the day and give it a try. I never liked it before they added the number row. Having a number row is a must for me. Swiftkey used to not have the number row but as soon as they added it, there was no way I could go without it.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I do like GBoard quite a bit. I love the quick google search that you can access right from the keyboard. That's slick! It also runs very smoothly, more so than SwiftKey, which can be a little wonky at times. I'm not sure I can make a full migration from SwiftKey to GBoard though. There is one thing that has been driving me crazy about GBoard. You can double tap the spacebar to get a period, just like you can on Swiftkey and that's great. After the period is inserted, it leaves you with a space so you can go on typing the next sentence. However, when you use any other punctuation (comma, exclamation point, question mark) it does not leave a space. I'm so used to Swiftkey doing this for me that it really drives me nuts that GBoard doesn't do this and there is no option that I've seen to make it do so. Why would I ever not want a space after a comma, exclamation point or question mark? I know it sounds like a small gripe but I've been typing with SwiftKey for years and can type fast without looking. This just screws me all up. If they could at least make an option to insert space after punctuation, I'd probably seriously consider switching.

With that said, it is an awesome keyboard and if that doesn't bother you, I do feel that Gboard runs more smoothly than SwiftKey. SwiftKey is virtually glitch free now but every once in a while I get a small bit of lag/wonky behavior.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
That's weird. I've used it on two different phones and it's worked in multiple apps.
I wish it was so on mine. Anyways, I've gone back to SwiftKey, well SwiftKey Beta to be exact. I was mainly using gboard for the easy Google search but I haven't even used it once so wasn't really a big deal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae