LG V20 Easter Egg??

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I was rearranging some Shortcut Toggles on my Taskbar last night and noticed one called Easter Egg. I moved it over to mess with it some and haven't been able to make much sense of it.

When selected, it lets you pick a treat.

Every once in awhile a Cat shows up.

I know Easter Eggs are usually goofy time killers, but can anyone make sense of this or is it just something to click??

Capture+_2017-01-03-06-44-28.pngCapture+_2017-01-03-06-44-48.pngCapture+_2017-01-03-06-45-04.pngCapture+_2017-01-03-06-45-16.png

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
It is built in to nougat. It has been out for a while. It is just a collecting cats game... Nothing more.

If you long press the dish, you can see your collection of cats and share and re name them.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I was rearranging some Shortcut Toggles on my Taskbar last night and noticed one called Easter Egg. I moved it over to mess with it some and haven't been able to make much sense of it.

When selected, it lets you pick a treat.

Every once in awhile a Cat shows up.

I know Easter Eggs are usually goofy time killers, but can anyone make sense of this or is it just something to click??

View attachment 249463View attachment 249464View attachment 249460View attachment 249462

Hmm I can't find this on my Verizon version

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I can't find this on my Verizon version
It's there, but takes some work to get to it. Go to settings > about phone > software info > tap the "Android Version" box three times. This should take you to a screen with your wallpaper and a big Android "N" logo. Press and hold the "N" until you see a little cat head pop up at the bottom. This indicates the Easter egg activated. Press and holding again deactivates it. Once active, pull down the notification shade twice to show all the quick setting shortcuts and select edit. There you will finally see the dish icon, which you can move into your quick setting options to use it.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
It's there, but takes some work to get to it. Go to settings > about phone > software info > tap the "Android Version" box three times. This should take you to a screen with your wallpaper and a big Android "N" logo. Press and hold the "N" until you see a little cat head pop up at the bottom. This indicates the Easter egg activated. Press and holding again deactivates it. Once active, pull down the notification shade twice to show all the quick setting shortcuts and select edit. There you will finally see the dish icon, which you can move into your quick setting options to use it.

Thanks! I finally got it
I guess I'm just waiting on a notification now to get a cat

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
This is a strange feature. Lol. I activated it using Mooncatt's instructions and have had a few cats show up. So strange.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had over 100 before it got old and I gave it up. Once you get around that many, going in to view your collection can make it lag horribly and even force close.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I had over 100 before it got old and I gave it up. Once you get around that many, going in to view your collection can make it lag horribly and even force close.

Yea I read a big article on how it works and why it lags. It breaks the cat into parts for color and the amount of combinations are vast. I don't know how dump it. I disabled it, but the plate is still there.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Yea I read a big article on how it works and why it lags. It breaks the cat into parts for color and the amount of combinations are vast. I don't know how dump it. I disabled it, but the plate is still there.
That makes sense about the lash and wouldn't mind reading the article if you had a link.

As for the plate, I noticed the same thing. Just pull the shade down twice to access the edit button for the quick settings and then exit it again. You don't even have to make any other adjustments, but it'll remove the empty plate icon.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

As soon as my device gets the Nougat update I'm definitely going to look for some kitties! Once i get 3 then ill stop. Love looking and using easter eggs!

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
That makes sense about the lash and wouldn't mind reading the article if you had a link.

As for the plate, I noticed the same thing. Just pull the shade down twice to access the edit button for the quick settings and then exit it again. You don't even have to make any other adjustments, but it'll remove the empty plate icon.

Here is the article

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re..._i_know_about_cats_the_android_nougat_easter/

I had to actually drag the dish icon into the lower portion on edit mode to get it out of sight

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Weird... They all show up on mine? I'm using the app
Tapatalk looks like this
cc134cb3f6ff3b1ad1d4e47ac87a4436.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci