Web view enable bug?

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me if this has been brought up, I've been looking, but I'm chasing a child and tend to lose my place.
My Amazon app wants me to enable web view. It shows to be downloaded, but I can't click the enable button. Or rather when I do, it does nothing. Anyone know how to fix this? I am a shopaholic AND I've begun reading again and my Kindle won't work either.
6905ce64bbc4b97bf9e9420327718930.jpg

Thanks in advance to anyone who can solve my dilemma.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps and look for Android System Webview. Does it say Disabled? If not, try uninstalling it, which will revert to the factory version. The frequent updates to this app seems to increase the chances of little bugs here and there, depending on the device.

Now go catch your kid before something spills or breaks.:p

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't even find it in my list of apps. Not in all, not in enabled and not in disabled. Unless I'm looking in wrong place.
As for the kid...Something will always spill and break. Lol. It's the nature of the beast.
Thank you for attempting to solve my dilemma. :)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Due to how Nougat is set up, web view functions were taken over by Chrome and will not allow you to enable System Webview without first disabling Chrome. Here's something that fixed a similar bug on mine.

Disable Chrome. Then enable System Webview, followed by updating System Webview. Then re-enable Chrome (which will automatically disable System Webview) and try using Amazon again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good info! I was wondering why my Android System Webview is usually disabled on my Nexus 6P. I thought it was due to being on the beta version of the Google app!