How Do I Turn Off LED Notifications?

mrdave570

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Every SMS (Messenger and Phone text) I get results in my picked notification sound and some stupid lights. The lights are same as the flashlight. I don't need that visual notice. Sound and vibration are enough. I've looked around and just can't find a way to turn off the lights. I like the LG V20 a lot but these lights are not necessary.

Last edited:

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Looks like the "hearing" accessibility setting may have been turned on.

To fix, go into settings > accessibility > Hearing > Flash Alerts - and turn it off.

David

mrdave570

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. That worked. I was worried that some cop would pull me over for getting a text when the flash occurs at night.

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
One thing I've noticed is that the LED doesn't light up for me at all when I get notifications. I'm used to my LG G4 where it would light up either blue, green, or red depending on what the situation was. How did you get yours to light up in the first place?

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
One thing I've noticed is that the LED doesn't light up for me at all when I get notifications. I'm used to my LG G4 where it would light up either blue, green, or red depending on what the situation was. How did you get yours to light up in the first place?

The same way I showed the OP how to turn it off.

David

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
The same way I showed the OP how to turn it off.

David

I turned it on and nothing happened. Also I guess that means that LED blinking for notifications is no longer enabled by default?

Edit: I did that but that just made my camera flash whenever I got a notification. That was not what I was referring to. I was talking about the light on the top front that would blink whenever you get a notification and be red when the phone is charging.

Last edited:

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I turned it on and nothing happened. Also I guess that means that LED blinking for notifications is no longer enabled by default?

Edit: I did that but that just made my camera flash whenever I got a notification. That was not what I was referring to. I was talking about the light on the top front that would blink whenever you get a notification and be red when the phone is charging.

The V20 does not have a notification led. It uses the second screen. I do wish it did have the led as you can see what kind of notification from a distance!

Harfad

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Looks like the "hearing" accessibility setting may have been turned on.

To fix, go into settings > accessibility > Hearing > Flash Alerts - and turn it off.

David

I am having the same problem with an 8" Lenovo tablet I have just acquired (Lenovo tab 4 8), running android 7.1.1, but that solution doesn't seem to work for me. At the top right corner of the screen there is a tiny flashing green led light that indicates when I have notifications; but it is very annoying because there will always be some notifications, so it is constantly flashing, and I haven't been able to find a way of turning it off. I find no "hearing" option in the settings > accessibility menu to do as you have suggested. Is there any other solution for that problem?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I kinda miss having an LED notification but the second always on display is far superior.
Boy I couldn't disagree more. Once you learn the colors you can tell if you have work email or a sms from your girlfriend across the room! The second screen is way too dim unless the phone is right in your hand and even then the icon for a gmail or email or sms is the same for everyone. Never know when a silent notification is important or spam. I really miss led notifications

Of course I am referring to multicolor led like Samsung has not single color like HTC or Lenovo