Nova launcher problems

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a problem with gestures on nova. The problem is that every once in a while gestures will just stop working and the only way to get them to work again is to either go into novas settings and tap restart nova or to reboot phone. I'm running the beta so that could be a it but I feel like switched to the standard release a while back and it was doing it then too. It's been happening since my note 5 and I've had an s7 edge, 2 note 7's and now the V20. Is there anything I can do? Has this happened to anyone else?

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
What gesture are you using? I do simple single finger up/down and I've never had problems. If you let me know what gesture you're doing, I can try it out.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
It's not every time or even frequently. Once in a great while, once a week or less, it will just stop responding to gestures.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
So an update. Gesture problem has stopped, so they all work fine, now the problem is that some times I now can't get into any app on my home screen. We'll almost any app. For some reason when this issue is going on the only app that opens reliably is AC Forums ironically. I switched to the stock home with app drawer and it had no issue so it has to be nova. At least it gets fixed but restarting nova from nova settings.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
So an update. Gesture problem has stopped, so they all work fine, now the problem is that some times I now can't get into any app on my home screen. We'll almost any app. For some reason when this issue is going on the only app that opens reliably is AC Forums ironically. I switched to the stock home with app drawer and it had no issue so it has to be nova. At least it gets fixed but restarting nova from nova settings.
How's battery life? I haven't mess with Nova for awhile.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
How's battery life? I haven't mess with Nova for awhile.
Battery life on nova doesn't seem to change much if at all, but nova is almost always the first thing I download when I get a new phone so I don't really know the difference. What I can tell you is that it barely ever even shows up on the battery usage. Plus nova has so many customization options.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Battery life on nova doesn't seem to change much if at all, but nova is almost always the first thing I download when I get a new phone so I don't really know the difference. What I can tell you is that it barely ever even shows up on the battery usage. Plus nova has so many customization options.
I'll give it a try again, I brought Nova way back since Galaxy S2 but using iOS up until now. Time to move my fingers a little faster lol

Consider LG G6?

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I'll give it a try again, I brought Nova way back since Galaxy S2 but using iOS up until now. Time to move my fingers a little faster lol

Consider LG G6?
Not if Samsung Jack's all the Snapdragon 835's..
Samsung really has become the Android equivalent of apple with slimeball tactics like that definitely not getting me back as a customer. Well that and the fact that even when you used the package disabler the UI still lagged.. I mean yeah sure they have top of the line specks but they sure as hell don't properly utilize them.. Even though there might not be a package disabler for LG Android phones you can delete or disable most unwanted bloatware and even with what you can't, the v20 is still miles ahead of Samsung in terms of speed. Only wish that the camera software processed JPEG better. Probably gonna hold out for the V30.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Battery life shouldn't change much with launchers. The biggest difference is how much memory they hog. In the case of the V20 or any contemporary phone, launchers should not bog you down much if at all.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Battery life shouldn't change much with launchers. The biggest difference is how much memory they hog. In the case of the V20 or any contemporary phone, launchers should not bog you down much if at all.
Unless it's touchwiz! Lol. Samsung makes pretty good phones but lacks in the software department IMHO

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Only a guess but anytime a launcher skin lags its usually a manufacturer's because they integrate a bunch of garbage along with the launcher. Motorola was famous for that during the original Droids release and a couple if iterations later. They have since learned their lesson.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Only a guess but anytime a launcher skin lags its usually a manufacturer's because they integrate a bunch of garbage along with the launcher. Motorola was famous for that during the original Droids release and a couple if iterations later. They have since learned their lesson.
Agreed. Though I have to say that lg's isn't half bad. Still prefer nova though

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar