It's been almost 3 months since the US release and no camera glass available yet...

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Don't know what to do at this point, thinking about just sending the damn thing in for repair at this point. If I would have by now, I would have had it back as my daily phone. Getting rather bored/annoyed with iOS as of right now.

Anybody else who's broken theirs had any luck finding a replacement or have a cost figure as to what it was to have it replaced?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Weren't they replacing these with warranty anyway as it seemed to have been widespread? Not sure, though, but I thought they were...

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Weren't they replacing these with warranty anyway as it seemed to have been widespread? Not sure, though, but I thought they were...
Wide spread? I think I saw only about 3 or 4 reported cases. Everyone else seemed to be referring back to those few, making seem like a much bigger deal. So I wouldn't be surprised if there are no aftermarket glass replacements yet, simply due to lack of demand.

I'd just bite the bullet and send it in. Depending on the carrier, they may send a replacement first so you're not without a phone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I saw at least 4 or 5 in these forums and a bunch of other reports elsewhere... heck, even one of the AC Editors had it happen to him!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I never saw where anyone got it covered under warranty unless they happened to get the carrier to agree to replace it. When that happens it has a lot to do how early after purchase, with who you happen to talk to and how long you have been a customer.
As far as a wide spread issue I don't think that's the case however it was a widely discussed issue but seems to have dropped off.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Can't even get a replacement battery directly from LG. This is the price you pay for not going with Apple or Samsung.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Other than the s7 edge, this has been a pretty crappy year for phones. IPhone 7 wasn't much of an upgrade, Note 7 disaster, g5 was a flop, Pixel is so so, and the V20 didn't take off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888