Just a quick poll

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Who would be more likely to buy a tablet if someone came out with one that had flagship specs like having a snapdragon 820 or 821 and 4+ GB of RAM?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Unlikely... I have an IPad air retina that works fine except it runs out of space. Got it as a gift or I might not have bought it

Last edited:

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No not really i have a fire hd 8 that i use for media consumption at times but i use it less and less due to the larger phones are making them pointless

middbrew

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I currently use the LG G Pad X 10.1 a lot when I'm traveling. I also use my 2 in 1 computer. I can flip it around and it works just like a tablet. I use some different statistical software that isn't available for tablets, so that's not an option for me.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I would just stick to a laptop. I found one on Amazon that I'm going to get, it's a Dell with dual graphics, 16 GB of Ram, and its a 15.6" FHD so I don't think a tablet could beat that.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the Gpad 8.3. Got it for $40.00 on a promotion when I bought my G4. It has been perfect, except the speakers are not very loud. If I could replace it with one with 2017 specs, and front facing stereo speakers, and throw in the V20 DAC, i would definitely be interested.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Who would be more likely to buy a tablet if someone came out with one that had flagship specs like having a snapdragon 820 or 821 and 4+ GB of RAM?

The tablet would have to come with a keyboard. That would be first priority. If it had a Snapdragon 835 with 8GB RAM and 128GB or higher storage i would give it a try. I don't mind using a tablet as my main workstation but it has to be within 15% as powerful as my current laptop with a i5 Processor. Additionally, it can have a phone OS installed, must be a desktop OS. :)

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a chromebook which is a nice compromise and with those being so affordable, no I don't think I would use any tablet, much less a flagship tablet.

Gus_Gutz

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I use a surface 3, non pro as a tablet. It is almost two years old and does everything I need from a bigger device. It is wifi only but if I need to access the internet away from any service, I just turn my phone into a hot spot. It has a keyboard, mouse and pen. It is far from the perfect device but it sure beats anything apple. I just wish it had google now access.