Is the whole community here happy with the LG V20?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Very happy with my V20. I don't intend to swimming and I don't need cordless charging. Loving the DAC and the twin cam.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
If I had to go back to LG, I'd most likely get the V20. Or the G6... Nah, maybe the V20. ;) It would be my phablet of choice in comparison to the others!

Agreed, i played on one in store and was just so amazed. It's feels great in the hand. The 2nd screen (while a gimmick) is new, fresh and exciting to have. The camera looks so good. Maybe it was just the lighting but was so impressed. It seems like LG almost made the perfect phone but just needed a bigger battery. Which is a bad thing because, where does LG go next. how do they improve on something we love so much. They are apparently calling it the LG G6. :D

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
It's been so good that I take its performance for granted after just three months.The V20 represents a quantum leap of sorts over my sentimental favorite, the powerful but quirky V10.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, i played on one in store and was just so amazed. It's feels great in the hand. The 2nd screen (while a gimmick) is new, fresh and exciting to have. The camera looks so good. Maybe it was just the lighting but was so impressed. It seems like LG almost made the perfect phone but just needed a bigger battery. Which is a bad thing because, where does LG go next. how do they improve on something we love so much. They are apparently calling it the LG G6. :D

everyone needs a bigger battery in theory. One day, I'll see a phone that can go a week with intensive use and lots of screen-on time.

In practice, it doesn't matter much. I'm either topping off all the time at home/work, or well, that's why we have removable batteries. If I'm not going to be near a charger, I'd rather carry an extra battery than a charger. Given the # of lith-ion batteries that keep exploding, I'm willing to be cautious in increasing their power. ;)

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I love it. My only issue, and maybe I continue to do something wrong, is I feel I got much better camers shots from the G4. I shoot in decently challenging settings, such as concerts, but using manual or regular, I still get the strange ghostly light halos around the artists, where it was easier to eliminate that.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It's a work horse. A great phone that has features other manufacturers have given up on like removable battery and IR blaster. Second screen is a plus as well. I follow all the news concerning phones and non have really caught my interest since the V10 till the V20.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
everyone needs a bigger battery in theory. One day, I'll see a phone that can go a week with intensive use and lots of screen-on time.
Then those people will complain they can't go two weeks on a charge. It's a never ending struggle... :eyroll:

I'm loving the phone, though.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm still loving the V20!!! Trying out the google now launcher on it... So far I think I like it a little better this way. Only problem is double tapping screen to put phone to sleep doesn't work. Other than that I'm liking the google now launcher a lot!

NJ Fred

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
There will always be a "better mouse trap" just over the next mountain. Maybe they'll call it the V30, Note 8, Super Pixel. Who knows???

We The People enjoy chasing elusive butterflies. We search for Nirvana relentlessly. The better automobile - the better cellular device.

Manufacturers love us - I mean they LOVE us! We fill their bank accounts.

Madison Avenue advertising companies LOVE us - - they listen, read this and other fora all-the-while concocting ad campaigns designed to titillate us - and separate us from our $$$.

I'm a geezer. I go back to analog cell phones when a mere 90 minutes of talk time cost you $59.95 with the old Bell Atlantic system; more via Cingular and even more if the call was long distance.

Cellular signals cut out with regularity as you walked or drove. The phones were brick weights. And they were huge - either hard wired into your car or portable handsets so bulky that they ripped your pocket. And "bad guys/gals" could steal your cellular phone number off the air easily and make calls galore. The apartments built over I-95 on the New York side of the George Washington Bridge were infamous for housing cellualar thiefs. And the only way they could fix it was to issue you a new number causing aggravation for the consumer.

Is the V20 a "great device"? Sure. Do I use all its' features? Nope - hell's bells, I don't have a clue how to do some of the things others who write on these pages do.

But like almost all of you - I waiting for that better mouse trap. And when it airs-its'-face - - I'll bite.

It's the American Way!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be one of the main thread starters here..... LOL! How do I post a snapshot from my V20? I know how to take the picture. I just do not know how to post my snapshot to this forum?? [url]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d114/slave2_ragdolls/index1.gif[/URL]

Hands down the best phone I've ever had. My last favorite phone was the Galaxy S5 (had removeable battery, AMOLED screen, water-resistant, microSD slot, IR blaster). My last phone was the Galaxy S7 Active which had a huge 4000 mAh battery, though the battery performance was disappointing compared to the V20's 3200 mAh. The Pixel XL was an attractive device however they took away features that true Android fans loved. Funny how some features such as microSD, removable battery, and IR Blaster gets removed despite how much people loved them. The V20 proved that you can make a beautiful looking metal phone and still have a removable battery. Aside from that, the phone is a solid device; battery performance is stellar (on par with the iPhones), faster charging experience, best in-class 5.7' IPS LCD display, useful 2nd screen, amazing camera + wide angel cameras (although it could be better). It has pretty much everything I'm asking for in a phone, though the tech will be considered old in a few months to a year from now. But I don't see myself selling this phone, I'd definitely would consider keeping it as a back up phone if I ever do upgrade due to the removable battery. The G6 looks very tempting however, it seems most likely it WON'T have a removable battety due to the water-resistance feature. Also, I don't care for a beautiful, all-glass and curved phone. Might be hanging on to my V20 for a while.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I love it. My only issue, and maybe I continue to do something wrong, is I feel I got much better camers shots from the G4. I shoot in decently challenging settings, such as concerts, but using manual or regular, I still get the strange ghostly light halos around the artists, where it was easier to eliminate that.

I would try tinkering around with the camera settings. I know my G3 had some pretty decent camera modes. Good luck!

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
If I had to go back to LG, I'd most likely get the V20. Or the G6... Nah, maybe the V20. ;) It would be my phablet of choice in comparison to the others!

Yeah, since the Note7, I've tried and returned the S7 Edge, the iPhone 7 Plus, the Pixel XL, and now the V20, and I had the Pixel XL at the same time as the V20 for two weeks. I chose to keep the V20.

Primary reasons include:
1. Unbelievably better sound quality through headphones or a 3.5mm connection to my car's mid to high end system (VW Fender), and in the car, I can use Android Auto plus get the sound if I plug in both cords.
2. The manual setting in the camera allow me to get great shots, and the manual settings in the video camera are even more useful and unique.
3. I love the wide angle camera.
4. The screen despite being LCD is fantastic and large.
5. The 2nd screen is not a gimmick once you get used to it and learn how it helps. It's a lot more useful than the Edge features on the Samsung.
6. Performance while not as fast as the Pixel XL, is still very, very fast.

rhollinslewis

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree! Love the phone but so disappointed with the camera. When I use the wide lens there is a bluish cloud around the edges. Also my selfies and pics with the regular rear camera seem blurry and faded when compared to my daughters' iPhones and my friend's Note 5. If only the camera were better (unless I'm doing something wrong) the phone would be perfect. :-(

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
This is a cool phone. I live having the time always on the second screen. I also love the ability to screencap a selected part of the the screen. And of course, I love the removable battery, microSD and headphone jack with the quad DAC.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I agree! Love the phone but so disappointed with the camera. When I use the wide lens there is a bluish cloud around the edges. Also my selfies and pics with the regular rear camera seem blurry and faded when compared to my daughters' iPhones and my friend's Note 5. If only the camera were better (unless I'm doing something wrong) the phone would be perfect. :-(

Have you perhaps selected one of the film modes that is a bit different? There are many options to play with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol