Screen burn in

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
So I was massaging a friend on FB messenger for a good hour and a half, maybe even longer and screen was on the chat for about 98% of the overall time. Now I have residual burn in. Is there anything I can do or do I just leave the screen off for a while? Does it usually go away?

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
So I was massaging a friend on FB messenger for a good hour and a half, maybe even longer and screen was on the chat for about 98% of the overall time. Now I have residual burn in. Is there anything I can do or do I just leave the screen off for a while? Does it usually go away?

It's just image retention, happens all the time on my laptop screen. It goes away. You can YouTube "stuck pixel fixer" and leave it on for 15 minutes and it'll disappear.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
I've this too. Nothing much we can do, just typical LCD.

My first V20 got burn in at top corner, compare to my replacement it's at bottom. Lol.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Been driving from new jersey to mississippi. Using google maps i just looked at my phone and noticed the notification bar, navigation buttons, and some of the google maps burned into my screen. Pretty annoying. Cant wait to replace this phone. Every day that goes by i just want to chunk it.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
First of all its NOT "Burn In". Burn-in only occurs with AMOLED displays, and it is by definition permanent.

Image retention or "ghost imaging" that you are observing with LG displays is not permanent, although it can vary to some degree. I get it from time to time on my V10, and it has always gone away after ~15 minutes. The worst offender for me is Youtube app, when a video ends and I don't clear it for ~15-20 minutes... it can leave a ghost image of the play/pause graphic in the middle of the screen.

gustav30

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Have this on my V10. Hoping to avoid on V20. On the V10 the consensus was to use a screen filter app at like 10% on the color black.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow, how it's possible with LCD? Using phones for 12 years now, never see such things on mine or smbd else.
Most any display (except maybe RGB LED displays?) is subject to some form of ghosting, image retention, burn in, etc. How long it takes to happen depends on the display type and how long the pixel is activated. That's why tv stations use translucent logos. They use to be solid colors, but that caused a lot of burn in.

bobeobi gzigzigzeo

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Most any display (except maybe RGB LED displays?) is subject to some form of ghosting, image retention, burn in, etc. How long it takes to happen depends on the display type and how long the pixel is activated. That's why tv stations use translucent logos. They use to be solid colors, but that caused a lot of burn in.

Using Sony Xperias since first device on Android, and repeat, never seen such a thing ever, and never heared from friends , all of them were LCD. Trying to choose new device and V20 very pleasant, but first shattergate and now retention .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21