Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Who's camera glass broke?

Who's phone boot looped?

Who has screen burn in?

Who's battery exploded?

Who's camera has lens flares?

Who's headphone jack suddenly disappeared?

On a serious note, as an early adopter of this phone. I'm still enjoying it like it was new, because the speed has not degraded at all and the military grade materials keep the phone in great condition.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Glass not broken (thanks to military grade standard). No boot loop (phone runs a lot cooler than previous phones). No screen burn in (not really possible with IPS LCD). No battery issues (if there are in the future, I can replace it myself). No camera issues (actually better quality than my old S7). Still have my headphone jack (shame on Apple and HTC).

I agree, this phone has not slowed down in performance and runs like new.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
My phone suffered the dreaded bootloop on Monday and T-Mobile has taken well care of me, I'll have a new V20 replacement device later on today.

I love the V20, both the speed and build of the phone are excellent. I really like the second screen and the way it delivers notifications. I've had the V20 since its release date and I'm still enamored with it. I'm looking forward to receiving my replacement device tonight.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My phone suffered the dreaded bootloop on Monday and T-Mobile has taken well care of me, I'll have a new V20 replacement device later on today.

I love the V20, both the speed and build of the phone are excellent. I really like the second screen and the way it delivers notifications. I've had the V20 since its release date and I'm still enamored with it. I'm looking forward to receiving my replacement device tonight.

man I'm sorry about that. How do you think that happened?

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
To be honest I have no idea. My phone was unrooted, stock launcher, etc, so it wasn't like I bricked my phone trying to install a custom ROM or something...
Monday morning I was zipping along my Gmail and my phone completely froze...
I was able to finally do a factory reset after removing the battery and putting it back in a few times. But after the data was erased on the phone and was in the "Android is Updating" screen, it froze again...

I repeated the process several times with the same result unfortunately. But like I mentioned earlier, T-Mobile provided excellent customer service and my replacement V20 will be in my hands tonight. I'm such a fan of this device that the bootloop issue will not deter from staying with the V20.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
What might have happened was that there was an update being installed or it already was installed and was corrupted. Removing the battery during this process might have soft bricked the phone. Not sure if that was the case but a possibility. Glad you got your phone easily replaced!

djepperson1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Only minor issues at times. Apps will occasionally crash but is fixed most times clearing the cache. Other than that no issue. Its been a fantastic phone

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
To be honest I have no idea. My phone was unrooted, stock launcher, etc, so it wasn't like I bricked my phone trying to install a custom ROM or something...
Monday morning I was zipping along my Gmail and my phone completely froze...
I was able to finally do a factory reset after removing the battery and putting it back in a few times. But after the data was erased on the phone and was in the "Android is Updating" screen, it froze again...

I repeated the process several times with the same result unfortunately. But like I mentioned earlier, T-Mobile provided excellent customer service and my replacement V20 will be in my hands tonight. I'm such a fan of this device that the bootloop issue will not deter from staying with the V20.

If it froze I don't believe that's considered a bootloop. Not that it makes it better for you as you still had an unusable device. The significance of all this is that some LG models have developed a common issue where the phone just keeps rebooting into and endless loop.

jmssarno

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully my replacement device will have no such issues. I really like the V20 and don't want to switch to another device altogether. ( The alternative is the Pixel XL)

I resurrected my trusty Nexus 6 in the meantime, but all that does is show me how much I actually miss the V20. (Fingerprint sensor, second screen,etc.)

But I've had no other issues at all physically with the device. Such as Build, glass, camera lens, drops, etc...

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm really enjoying this phone too. Zero issues. I'm coming from a oneplus 3T, which was nice, fast, good battery but didn't like the camera and I wanted a phone that has WiFi calling. Plus, I don't think I ran anything stock on the oneplus 3T. With my V20, I'm running stock launcher, calendar, calculator, dialer, I think the only I'm not using stock is texting, which I use textra. Really like the second screen too. It has great battery life and like that I can swap batteries if needed. Not sure why this doesn't get love from others. I bought mine on swappa and got a great deal so that's even more reason to love it.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
My phone is in almost perfect condition. The only thing that is wrong with mine is the glass screen protector that has a small crack in it. But I guess that is more of the Screen protector then the Phone itself. I just don't want to take it off and see a crack in it.

Infiniti14

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
No broken camera glass, and no unusual software issues.

Battery life and speed remain about the same as when I got the phone. I really have no issues.

The best compliment I can give is that after a few months the phone just works. I don't have to think about anything, or play with any workarounds, I just use it and move on with my day.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
No broken camera glass, and no unusual software issues.

Battery life and speed remain about the same as when I got the phone. I really have no issues.

The best compliment I can give is that after a few months the phone just works. I don't have to think about anything, or play with any workarounds, I just use it and move on with my day.
"it just works" lol