"selfie" cam resolution

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
So after having the V20 since a day or two before official launch date, I just realized that the settings for the front facing "selfie" camera was set to 3.7 megapixels. I had always wondered why it looked so bleh.. I had thought after having the htc one m7 with the 4mp main shooter that that even looked better. So anyone looking for better quality pics for selfies or what not, check those settings.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that the rear camera wasn't set on the highest resolution but never even thought to check this one. Thanks for the tip, man.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Of course guys. I was talking one with my kid and it dawned on me that half the time the screw either the settings from the factory..

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Oh crap... My settings were for lower res on both front and back cameras!!! Man, how did I not notice that?!?
It's pretty easy to. When you get a phone, you assume that the camera would be set to the best quality/highest resolution but it actually isn't the case for most Android phones I've come across. Both my s6 and note 5 cameras were set to 12 mp from the factory even though they both had 16 mp shooters though I think the note 7 was the only one I've had that was stock at full resolution.