Any reason battery life is awful?

ZeAnswer

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
I'm confused. It seems that your are concerned about battery loss when you are not using the phone. What kind of performance are you getting during normal usage? If it is sitting unused for 8 hours in airplane mode, why not plug it in and charge?

It looks like you are at 42% after being off the charger 21hrs. That doesn't sound like awful battery performance. Why wouldn't you plug it in when you are not using it like while sleeping? Assuming you sleep at least 5 or 6 hours a night, you should never get below 70%. Sounds like plenty of battery for your usage pattern.

I understand your confusion.. as I wrote before, this isn't my usual usage pattern. from the minute it hit 100% I tried my best not to use it as much as I usually do.
and I can't connect it to a charger whenever I'm not using the phone because most of the time I might not get access to a charger, plus I really don't want to rely on it.
perhaps I didn't explain myself properly. The battery life isn't THAT bad. it's great compared to my previous phone.
the problem comes when I compare my battery life to another V20 or a G5. while my phone loses lets say 15% while idle for 20 hours, the V20 my sister is using will lose about.. 5%? the G5 my friend is using will lose 3%?
it just makes me think that maybe something IS wrong with my phone. I could manage a whole day if I try not to use it as much (idle whenever I can, use nothing but WhatsApp, screen at lowest possible brightness whenever I can, data off and battery saver whenever I can), but why won't I just use it like I normally do and get the same battery results?
EDIT- I'll try to use the phone like normal and post the stats. maybe that will help

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Try installing these battery saving apps:

ForceDoze - Enables doze mode immediately when phone is idle. You'll have to use the computer and do a few things to enable it, however, no rooting required.

Greenify - Hibernates and prevents apps from running in the background. Only hibernate apps you rarely use.

If those two doesn't work along with clearing the cache, either your screen brightness is way too high, your phone reception is constantly searching for signal, or you have an app that you've installed that's eating up your battery.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Try installing these battery saving apps:

ForceDoze - Enables doze mode immediately when phone is idle. You'll have to use the computer and do a few things to enable it, however, no rooting required.

Greenify - Hibernates and prevents apps from running in the background. Only hibernate apps you rarely use.

If those two doesn't work along with clearing the cache, either your screen brightness is way too high, your phone reception is constantly searching for signal, or you have an app that you've installed that's eating up your battery.
They're already using Greenify.

Ed_Grohl

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll throw in another suggestion: Try a new battery. The battery that came with my V20 has significantly worse performance than the one I got with the OEM charger/spare that I ordered. It's really noticeable. So much so that I just ordered a third battery to replace the original. You may want to try a new battery and see if that gives better results.

(Admittedly I did not read every post here so if this was suggested, I apologize).

Wonder Why

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
How long battery life is? Does direct charge or using spare battery (remove with the fresh one) can affect the battery life? Is it 3G or 4G that makes battery drains faster (beside apps, games, tooks, etc)? And I write this at 16.41... And now the battery is 99% at 16.52,with normal apps (without any single launcher, drawer, and any kinds of those) and I just open this window. Is it good or not, mates?

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-03-09-16-52-30.jpg
    Capture+_2017-03-09-16-52-30.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 43

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I am losing between 400 and 600 mAh per hour. They are telling me my phone will last a little over 2 hours. I'm at 85%.

This can't be normal

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
This has got to be the worst battery day ever!!!! I'm actually using my phone less than normal.

Any one else having problems posting pictures?

I have screen shots but I get an error when posting them

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I screenshot these at 23% now I'm at 16. It hasn't even been 30 minutes

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-03-29-09-56-12.jpg
    Capture+_2017-03-29-09-56-12.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Capture+_2017-03-29-09-56-38.jpg
    Capture+_2017-03-29-09-56-38.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Capture+_2017-03-29-09-56-47.jpg
    Capture+_2017-03-29-09-56-47.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 26

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Wow... You have A LOT of apps that need updates. Any reason you don't keep them updated?
If I like the way an app is running, I won't update it out of fear of losing functionality. That's why I don't have it set to auto update. The rest I just don't think about it. Think it will help?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
If I like the way an app is running, I won't update it out of fear of losing functionality. That's why I don't have it set to auto update. The rest I just don't think about it. Think it will help?
I don't auto update either, I do it manually so I can be selective but I think it's best 99% of the time to keep them updated.

Help? Maybe. What might help you the most is finding an alternative to Facebook, like Metal or Friendly. I don't use Facebook but I think those are the ones most recommended. Should provide mostly the same experience with the battery draining.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Click on Facebook in the battery section to show how much data sent/received, radio activity time, etc. Facebook is bad on battery, but not that bad.

BTW, Facebook mobile by using the browser is about 99% identical to the app. I might even say its 100% identical. And it won't run in background, only when you are using it. Then just add a shortcut to your desktop. The battery difference is dramatically reduced by using the browser.