The Quad DAC is awesome, old music sounds new

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Listening to old MP3s that I downloaded almost a decade ago at 320kbps quality. Sounds amazing. I'm only using a pair of Sony MDRZX110 (excellent quality headphones for under $15, the bundled B&O sounded terrible). Do y'all notice any difference? If so, how much of a difference? It sounds noticeably better than my laptop PC audio. Wonder if I should invest in a better headphone.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Listening to old MP3s that I downloaded almost a decade ago at 320kbps quality. Sounds amazing. I'm only using a pair of Sony MDRZX110 (excellent quality headphones for under $15, the bundled B&O sounded terrible). Do y'all notice any difference? If so, how much of a difference? It sounds noticeably better than my laptop PC audio. Wonder if I should invest in a better headphone.
Yes there is a huge difference and the main reason I choose the v20 over the Pixel. Depends on how much coin you want to drop on some headphones. Grados are nice.
https://www.amazon.com/Grado-SR80i-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5672679

bojo90

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Loving the audio as well. Just bought Sony MDR 7506 headphones for under $100 on Amazon and it's taken it to another level. Using Google Play Music Premium on my V20 listening to Victoria by John Mayer and absolutely reveling in the fantastic sound. Highly recommend this setup as excellent for the price.

Last edited:

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
My ears can't tell the difference. Well, not entirely true. It sounds a little better to me, but nothing to be hyped about.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Loving the audio as well. Just bought Sony MDR 7506 headphones for under $100 on Amazon and it's taken it to another level. Using Google Play Music Premiuma on my V20 listening to Victoria by John Mayer and absolutely reveling in the fantastic sound. Highly recommend this setup as excellent for the price.

I might look into that headphone. Sony makes amazing headphones, they've been in the portable audio business for years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa