V20 Fingerprint scanner

anon(10076979)

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I had this V20 since November last year. I never had issues with it except that I noticed just recently that the fingerprint scanner gets hot. It happens when i restart the phone, and sometimes just randomly. I'm not sure why suddenly it happens. And I'm not sure what causing it and how serious it could be.. Help anyone?
Thanks

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I notice this too. I'm just spitballing but could it be that this is because the scanner button is made of plastic and so heats up quicker than the rest of the body which is made of aluminum? Metals, aluminum in this case, are not as good at conducting heat as quickly as plastics so this is my thought.

anon(10076979)

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I notice this too. I'm just spitballing but could it be that this is because the scanner button is made of plastic and so heats up quicker than the rest of the body which is made of aluminum? Metals, aluminum in this case, are not as good at conducting heat as quickly as plastics so this is my thought.

Thanks man. Good insight. But it didn't get too hot before but just recently. I'm wondering why

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Have you noticed your battery life taking a hit recently? There might be an app going haywire causing the excessive heat. This is probably the coolest running phone I've ever owned so i wouldn't say a heat problem is normal

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Have you noticed your battery life taking a hit recently? There might be an app going haywire causing the excessive heat. This is probably the coolest running phone I've ever owned so i wouldn't say a heat problem is normal

A lot of people have trouble with facebook killing the battery

tsarcams

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I had this V20 since November last year. I never had issues with it except that I noticed just recently that the fingerprint scanner gets hot. It happens when i restart the phone, and sometimes just randomly. I'm not sure why suddenly it happens. And I'm not sure what causing it and how serious it could be.. Help anyone?
Thanks

i had this exact problem. uninstalling facebook seems to have fixed it, and a host of other issues.

anon(10076979)

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I haven't tried uninstalling Facebook yet. But I'll try that and observe.
When I use my Facebook it doesn't get any amount of heat. There's this game I play, Bullet Force. Sometimes it gets hot while playing..
Considering that while using Facebook it doesn't get hot. Should I still uninstall it?

anon(10076979)

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Anyway I tried uninstalling the Facebook app. But all it did was to uninstall the updates. I went to Playstore and clicked uninstall. After that it gave me the option to "install updates" and "open". I tried going to application manager and looked for Facebook the options I had were "force stop" and just "disable"

And after trying to uninstall the Facebook, i rebooted my phone and the FPS still gets hot..

tsarcams

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Anyway I tried uninstalling the Facebook app. But all it did was to uninstall the updates. I went to Playstore and clicked uninstall. After that it gave me the option to "install updates" and "open". I tried going to application manager and looked for Facebook the options I had were "force stop" and just "disable"

And after trying to uninstall the Facebook, i rebooted my phone and the FPS still gets hot..

what carrier are you on? is FB marked as a device administrator on your phone?

tsarcams

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I haven't tried uninstalling Facebook yet. But I'll try that and observe.
When I use my Facebook it doesn't get any amount of heat. There's this game I play, Bullet Force. Sometimes it gets hot while playing..
Considering that while using Facebook it doesn't get hot. Should I still uninstall it?

my device never overheated while using fb but it would freeze sometimes and force multi window to open.

tsarcams

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I live in Philippines and carrier's name is Globe. I'm not really sure. But it has Facebook app installer and Facebook app manager and the Facebook app itself. It's preinstalled.

It sounds like you have to root the phone to remove FB entirely to get around your carrier's restrictions. I would disable the app if possible and see if it helps.

anon(10076979)

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
It sounds like you have to root the phone to remove FB entirely to get around your carrier's restrictions. I would disable the app if possible and see if it helps.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll study rooting once the warranty is out..
I'll give that a go. But do you think it's a prob? When I'm using the phone FPS doesn't get hot. Only when it's booting

tsarcams

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Maybe I'll study rooting once the warranty is out..
I'll give that a go. But do you think it's a prob? When I'm using the phone FPS doesn't get hot. Only when it's booting

it may not be caused by fb, but i can only share my experience with you. best of luck.