V10 to V20

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I really need to book a nice long trip to the US :D haha. I think you guys are hogging all my bandwidth. I normally get around 1mbps (100 kbps/s) at home with around 4 -5 mbps on cellular data with '4G' activated.

How is your friend doing with his V20? Liking it? :)
He is loving it so far. Still trying to learn the camera but he said the phone is smooth and charges pretty quick. He mainly also sits on LTE since his home internet is bad as well lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
How slow is it once they throttle you?
Not sure yet.. not at the limit. They wouldn't throttle me unless there is congestion just like T-Mobile did for the 2+ years I was on them. It didn't stop me from using 126 GB the last month ;).

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Not sure yet.. not at the limit. They wouldn't throttle me unless there is congestion just like T-Mobile did for the 2+ years I was on them. It didn't stop me from using 126 GB the last month ;).
I just read that after 22 per line they don't throttle but give priority to high speed to those who are not over the limit or on the regular plan.
My dilemma is that my line is grandfathered and the other two are not so I would have to give up my current unlimited plan

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just read that after 22 per line they don't throttle but give priority to high speed to those who are not over the limit or on the regular plan.
My dilemma is that my line is grandfathered and the other two are not so I would have to give up my current unlimited plan
Yeah it's just a congestion throttle basically. It's something the other guys have done for a long time.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I can say I'll hit 22GB or more before the cycle ends. I work near downtown so I can let you know if I see it from Verizon.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
He is loving it so far. Still trying to learn the camera but he said the phone is smooth and charges pretty quick. He mainly also sits on LTE since his home internet is bad as well lol.

My mother actually just got a new phone and the one thing she is trying to learn is how to work the camera. Obviously you can just point and shoot (which is best for some) but she wants to learn all the settings to take 'the best' shot. So that's taking some time :)

It's almost a bad idea to buy a V20 because, any other phone you get is a downgrade lol. Maybe not the Pixel. If you know what I mean. Once you raise the bar, you have to keep the bar there :)

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

Doccrisco

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
While this isn't about me -- I just wanted to share my friends thoughts. He had an AT&T V10 and traded it in to get a free V20 via my Verizon plan (he joined my plan) and so far he is loving it. He has had it about a day but he has said already he enjoys the quick charging and how smooth the V20 is for him.

I will report his findings over the next few days. He isn't a huge phone nerd but we will see how it likes it. He has used LG for awhile so that is why he wanted the V20 over the other free phones they offered for their unlimited plan. I can say when we were on the phone we tested out the Verizon to Verizon video call feature and it worked well from his V20 to my Pixel XL. :).

What is Verizon to Verizon video call feature?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What is Verizon to Verizon video call feature?
If calling Verizon to Verizon and both people have a compatible phone you will see a video icon you can tap (just like of you were toggling speaker or mute during a call).. it then starts up a video call.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The V20 is a worthy upgrade from the V10: fixed bootloop issue, nicer looking design though keeping the military grade, dual camera, premium metal back, QUAD DAC, faster and cleaner UI, no light bleed on second screen.