Switching over from Windows Phone

cure92

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
So I've been a die hard windows phone user since wp7. However, my Lumia 1520 is dying a quick and painful death and I'm thinking of trying the lg v10. I haven't used android since way back when it was donut. it was the worst experience ever and i swore never again.

With all that said, would you recommend the lg v10? Any other recommendations? I've used to the large screen of the 1520 and prefer the size of atleast a note. i'm with at&t however so that not really an option. Any help for this android noob is greatly appreciated!

cure92

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
Any quirks or hiccups with it? It looks like a solid phone. My wife has an iphone 6s plus and is trying to get me to get one. I'm not completely sold on the fruit though :)

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Any quirks or hiccups with it? It looks like a solid phone. My wife has an iphone 6s plus and is trying to get me to get one. I'm not completely sold on the fruit though :)

the only thing people tend to complain about is the camera.. some say their glass is shattering and others are saying it's not taking good pics. You can visit the photo section or search "lgv20" on instagram to see real world pics with it. My camera glass hasn't shattered and I had it since day one. The battery is good depending on usage. There are no hiccups that I can think of.

It's also pretty darn indestructible (don't quote me on that. hahaha)

cure92

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
the only concern I have is with the power button being on the back. I can see myself accidently bumping it a lot lol. has the been an issue for anyone?

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
the only concern I have is with the power button being on the back. I can see myself accidently bumping it a lot lol. has the been an issue for anyone?

Nope, but then again. I've used LG since they first put it on the back... and the FPS works amazing and fast.

cure92

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
I pulled the trigger and pickwed up the v20 yesterday. I'm loving it so far! I just need to get used to android again, its been years lol. Thank you for your input everyone! :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I pulled the trigger and pickwed up the v20 yesterday. I'm loving it so far! I just need to get used to android again, its been years lol. Thank you for your input everyone! :)

Enjoy. If you need help these fine people are pretty helpful. :D

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Awesome, congrats! Let us know how you get along with it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

If the screen is on bumping it has no impact. The most you do is wake up the phone if your finger hits it correctly. If you bump it too many times incorrectly than you will have to enter a pin but that shouldn't happen. A case makes it almost impossible.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Right on man! It's a great phone. Not to say it doesn't have its quirks but never had any major issues. Do remember that android is very open so there's a lot that you can do that you couldn't on wp7 such as launchers and what not.

cure92

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
I really like the phone, however I think I have a faulty unit. I use an aux cable in my car for both music and calls. (no bluetooth available). When I plug it in there's a horrible crackling sound and the sound is distorted. When I make calls, the person on the other end says I sound distorted and their own voice echos back at them.

So I did a factory reset and bought a new aux cable, but have the same issues. I took my wife's iphone and tested the same thing with her phone and my old windows phone with no issues. So back to AT&T later today and see if they'll swap it out for another one. Ugh, has anyone else had or heard of these issues?

Last edited: