flashlight on my lg v20 says unavailable while camera in use in apps

A

AC Question

When trying to use my flashlight it says unavailable while camera in use in apps. Can someone please help or tell me why this would happen?

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
How would the flash work if the flashlight is on?
What you describe seems normal to me...
By the way, my phone will not let the two apps work at the same time too. (Camera & flashlight).

Lateck,

Wonder Why

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
When trying to use my flashlight it says unavailable while camera in use in apps. Can someone please help or tell me why this would happen?

Do you mean like this? I just tried and knew it. Is it good or not? Or is it the default setting?
👇

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-03-23-01-15-41.jpg
    Capture+_2017-03-23-01-15-41.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 36

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
How would the flash work if the flashlight is on?
What you describe seems normal to me...
By the way, my phone will not let the two apps work at the same time too. (Camera & flashlight).

Lateck,

I'm thinking he means he's getting an error. That the camera is actually not in use. They have never come back to respond so we don't know.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Correct the camera is not in use and I keep on getting this error on my LG G5.
Have you tried it in safe mode to rule out a third party app? If it still does it in safe mode I would try doing a factory reset after backing up your data. I would start with a clean install....if that works then I would only add necessary apps to avoid adding any third party apps that may be causing the issue. If that doesn't work, I would assume your device might need repair.

Useful user

Feb 21, 2018
Visit site
Thanks. Actually it does work for 5 seconds, than it turns off with a error message: "flashlight turned off due to flash- related app in use"

Friday Eagle

Oct 8, 2018
Visit site

I have had the exact same issue. First my phone/call and camera apps kept crashing and flash light wouldn't turn on. I tried safe mode which didn't work initially. So I turned off my phone and went to bed. Woke up this morning and everything is ok now except the flash. The error is exactly what you're experiencing. I put my phone to safe mode and the flash is working. So it's a third party app using the flash. Can't figure out which one though. Try switching to safe mode and see if yours works.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Probably a rogue app using your camera without your permission. Could be a social media, messaging, photo editing app.. try looking through and see what apps have camera permissions. Download Greenify and hibernate all apps and then see if the problems are still there

aqib khan

Nov 23, 2018
Visit site
Probably a rogue app using your camera without your permission. Could be a social media, messaging, photo editing app.. try looking through and see what apps have camera permissions. Download Greenify and hibernate all apps and then see if the problems are still there

Problem found. Worked for me and will work for you its the face recognizing for unlocking the phone its using the flashlight.trun off the face recognizing and all set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21