LG G6 Looks Like it has Already Failed

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I think the G6 looks like a good phone and all, but with the idea of only allowing wireless charging in the U.S., the Quad DAC only in Korea and certain Asian markets, and only using 64gb in certain markets, only 32gb in the U.S., I think this phone won't be the success LG needs. I'll stick with my V20, which has 64gb of storage, a similar processor, a Quad DAC, and a removable battery.

Infiniti14

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I think the G6 looks like a good phone and all, but with the idea of only allowing wireless charging in the U.S., the Quad DAC only in Korea and certain Asian markets, and only using 64gb in certain markets, only 32gb in the U.S., I think this phone won't be the success LG needs. I'll stick with my V20, which has 64gb of storage, a similar processor, a Quad DAC, and a removable battery.

It's aimed at a different user, so it's good that it doesn't compete directly with the V20.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

LG stated they wanted to differentiate between the G and V series phones. Also this phone will be a success, lots of people love LG and it is a great looking phone and the majority of phone users upgrade and buy what they know or what salesmen tells them to love.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The marketing push will determine failure or not.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
The G6 has wireless charging in USA? That's a big deal to me but so is 64gb ram. I don't care about DAC or second screen and prefer multicolor led notifications. If this came out same day as my V20 I think I would have gone for G6 with qi.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
If it's priced correctly, which IMO is no more than $599, it will generate enough sales for it to be profitable.

They can't compete with Samsung with sales numbers and whether they want to admit it or not, they know that's the case.

John_Cline

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Other than the higher resolution rear wide-angle camera (13 mp vs 8 mp), I see nothing about the G6 that would cause me to go with it instead of my V20. Of course, the higher resolution wide-angle camera is offset by a lower resolution "normal" angle camera (13 mp vs 16 mp). Hopefully, the G6 will find a large market but I won't be one of them.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Other than the higher resolution rear wide-angle camera (13 mp vs 8 mp), I see nothing about the G6 that would cause me to go with it instead of my V20. Of course, the higher resolution wide-angle camera is offset by a lower resolution "normal" angle camera (13 mp vs 16 mp). Hopefully, the G6 will find a large market but I won't be one of them.

And no image stabilization or laser focus on the wide angle.

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
The G6 has wireless charging in USA? That's a big deal to me but so is 64gb ram. I don't care about DAC or second screen and prefer multicolor led notifications. If this came out same day as my V20 I think I would have gone for G6 with qi.

You mean 64GB ROM.
RAM= Random Access Memory
The V20 has 4GB RAM
ROM= Read-Only Memory.
The V20 has 64GB ROM.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
This phone is aimed towards the Samsung Galaxy and iPhone users. Beautiful glass back design, waterproof, wireless charging, etc. They want to gain more of those users. While the V20 is for the power user, a true Android Fan's phone.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
You mean 64GB ROM.
RAM= Random Access Memory
The V20 has 4GB RAM
ROM= Read-Only Memory.
The V20 has 64GB ROM.

I've always wondered why the phone community insists on calling storage, which is chip based instead of spinning platter based, ROM.

Read Only Memory? Hardly. I can write to and erase from that baby all day long. It's not ROM. It's storage.

We don't call SSDs "ROM". Why does the phone world think that a chip-based storage mechanism that you can randomly write to and erase from is "read only"?

ROMs are traditionally written at the factory, then they don't change AT ALL during the consumer cycle. They can't. The consumer can't change ROM.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I was ready to pay up to $800 for it. Until I saw no DAC on the USA models. It was really checking off my boxes and then that. The sound on the G5 was so horrible and weak I just don't think I could go back to that.