Unable to boot into recovery

silverfang77

Lone Wolf
Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I followed the instructions of holding power and volume down until reaching the LG screen, then releasing and pressing them again. It still just boots normally.

Help?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's different for each version of the phone, if not impossible on some.

For the Verizon version, you boot as normal without any button presses. Wait and it'll go through the LG splash screen and then start the Verizon welcome animation. When the animation starts, press and hold VOL DOWN + POWER. Keep pressing them and the phone will act like it's rebooting, showing the LG splash screen again for a few seconds, then show the recovery screen. If you let off the buttons before getting to the recovery screen, it'll revert to a normal boot process.

I know some other members were trying to figure out how to do it on other versions, but I don't remember if they had any luck. I'm pretty sure at least the AT&T method was still undiscovered the last I saw on here.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I can get to the factory reset option or I can clear all my default apps but that's it. No actual menu for anything. No wipe cache partition or anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781