New audio control bug

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just had a new bug pop up and can't figure it out. When plugged into my car charger and aux cable, the audio apps and Google start acting up.

If an audio app is open and playing, it will pause and the Google voice detection screen will pop up waiting for a command. I thought this was a bug with the Google app itself, so I fully disabled it. The audio apps still would pause, only now at least Google isn't popping up.

I tested this with the OEM music app, Pandora, Audible, and Podkicker, and all of them exhibited the same problem. If they are paused, the OEM music app would sometimes restart itself, but the others would stay paused and not try to bring up Google or anything.

This only seems to happen when it's both charging and plugged into the aux cable. I it with only one cable plugged in at a time with no issue. This just popped up today and i don't recall updating anything at the system level in the two days since i last used it in a vehicle.

Anyone else having this problem?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, maybe this was an electrical related issue.

Yesterday I wasn't in my normal work truck. Today I am, and not having the problem. So far everything seems to be working fine.