LG V20 Android Pay issues

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Need help guys. I'm having issues with my LG V20 Android Pay. Here's a brief situation description:

Total 3x LG V20 devices.

#1st device (bought new) - no issues with Android Pay at any participating merchants.

#2nd device (bought from a friend, used device) - unable to use Android Pay at multiple participating merchants.

#3rd device (bought new) - impulsively I sold the 2nd device, thinking it could be a defective hardware or corrupted software. Didn't want to go through troubleshootings, I sold the device and bought another V20. And guess what... Not working again...

I'm at my wits end now. Please help if I have missed any settings. I'm sure it's just something really stupid that I missed. I highly doubt it's compatibility issues.

*I don't have the #1st device anymore to compare if it works still.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
As it uses NFC, is it possible your case (if any) is causing issues?

Also, just to confirm, you have NFC enabled?

One more: the NFC antenna us supposed to be at the very top if the phone, surrounding the camera (just read that on a reddit thread) - is that where you are tapping?

Note that I don't use Android Pay, as few stores here support it.

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site

One more: the NFC antenna us supposed to be at the very top if the phone, surrounding the camera (just read that on a reddit thread) - is that where you are tapping?

I've use it with case or without case, same results.
NFC is turned on.

Wonder Why

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
Need help guys. I'm having issues with my LG V20 Android Pay. Here's a brief situation description:

Total 3x LG V20 devices.

#1st device (bought new) - no issues with Android Pay at any participating merchants.

#2nd device (bought from a friend, used device) - unable to use Android Pay at multiple participating merchants.

#3rd device (bought new) - impulsively I sold the 2nd device, thinking it could be a defective hardware or corrupted software. Didn't want to go through troubleshootings, I sold the device and bought another V20. And guess what... Not working again...

I'm at my wits end now. Please help if I have missed any settings. I'm sure it's just something really stupid that I missed. I highly doubt it's compatibility issues.

*I don't have the #1st device anymore to compare if it works still.

What is Android Pay?

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

So that's what's on the inside of the back plate! I thought it might be but wasn't sure.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I use Android Pay all the time on my V20 with no issues. Were you able to set the card up properly? You usually have to go through some sort of verification process before you can actually use the card via Android Pay.

Ed_Grohl

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine has not been working either. At Rite Aid it tells me it is good to go but then the machine asks for my chip to be inserted. Other machines that worked with my V10 no longer work for me. I don't think it is the phone as it vibrates like it wants to work, I think something changed with the application.

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine has not been working either. At Rite Aid it tells me it is good to go but then the machine asks for my chip to be inserted. Other machines that worked with my V10 no longer work for me. I don't think it is the phone as it vibrates like it wants to work, I think something changed with the application.
Exactly. I think some plug-ins missing, or the software needs to be updated to keep up with the banks/ merchants security protocols.

kaienish

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Also, what country are you in?
I'm from Singapore. As explained, this is my 3rd V20. My first device worked fine, though that was a couple months back. Maybe the banks/ merchants hve updated their security perimeters and Android Pay has not issued updates to keep up? I'm not sure, that's just my guess.

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Not using Android Pay because it requires you to disable all smart unlock settings. I'd rather have smart unlock 100 times a day than Android Pay once. Would love to use both if there were a way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo