LG V20 faster unlocked

estebanlrog

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
I have heard that unlocked phones work better and are a bit faster without all the carrier spam built in . can anyone verify this. I would be willing to sell my t-mo branded v20 for an unlocked unbranded unit.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
A carrier phone works best with the frequencies the carrier provides. What you want for what you are trying to do is to probably use a custom ROM (at your own risk because you will lose warranty support)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
There isn't that much carrier spam these days and a lot can be disabled.
I don't think you can get much faster than fast anyway. Nothing slow about my Verizon version.

Last edited:

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
There isn't that much carrier spam these days and a lot can be disabled.
I don't think you can get much faster than fast anyway. Nothing slow about my Verizon version.

You haven't seen the att versions. There has to be at least 10 apps with about 5 you can't disable that do things in the background.

I notice no slowdowns per say, the the carrier bloat is real.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I imagine it would depend heavily on the carrier, their bloat and how much you can deactivate and un-install... going from one to the other. Supported frequency bands would be an issue too... especially on a carrier like Verizon which forces certain types of data like text messages and voice mail audio over the cellular network.

Scenarios to avoid:
>Carriers that do not allow ALL data over wifi
>Devices that do not support carrier frequency bands
>Any device that does not allow you to deactivate / un-install bloat.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the LG V20 LG-US996 USA unlocked version and it's pretty fast. I actually bought a T-Mobile version and found out it was blacklisted so I returned it to the re-seller and bought the unlocked version. I'm glad it doesn't have the annoying T-Mobile boot up logo and bloatware included, it actually feels much better without all that advertising on my personal phone. I don't know if there is any speed difference but I would think it would help with the battery performance without those apps in the background. You can always just disable those apps. The only thing is there is no FM tuner on this version (I don't know why). Also the unlocked version may have better resell value since it comes unlocked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995