I can't hear sound from LG V20 videos recorded with hi-fi in other apps

jtfrazier2000

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
When I record video with hi-fi (LCPM 24 bit), I can only hear audio if played back in the Videos native app on the phone. In editors or when copied to pc, I can't hear it. Since I can hear it in the native app, it doesn't seem to be a limitation of the sound codecs used. Is the sound file stored separate from the MP4 file? if so, where is it stored?

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
When I record video with hi-fi (LCPM 24 bit), I can only hear audio if played back in the Videos native app on the phone. In editors or when copied to pc, I can't hear it. Since I can hear it in the native app, it doesn't seem to be a limitation of the sound codecs used. Is the sound file stored separate from the MP4 file? if so, where is it stored?

It sounds like your media player doesn't have the native support to decode & play the audio stream. Both video & audio are encoded & self contained in the one MPEG-4 file. What are you using on your PC & what's your operating system?

Last edited:

Justin149723

Oct 4, 2017
Visit site

I have been having this same problem. Especially when uploading to social media. Youtube seems to handle it well, but no luck on anything else. Have you found a solution?

Agent3

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
It's been a year and I also haven't been able to find the solution. No video editor (tried Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere) could detect the audio. It's a shame because Hi-Fi enable sounds amazing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo