Nova and Second Screen - can't add or remove?

Naschywolf

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I installed Nova onto the V20 because of the extra features it allows. the thing is, once I have Nova set as my launcher, I can no longer edit the second screen apps. I try to move them from/to the second screen but they just snap back to where they were. I can't seem to alter them at all. I can still use them as normal - swipe through, interact with them etc. It's really weird. Does anyone else experience this?

One of the reasons I installed Nova was to use icon packs. I've found a really nice one which has been applied, and I want the custom icons to appear in the second screen. Being that I can't seem to add/remove them means I'm stuck with what I've currently got with the stock appearance.

Any help is appreciated

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Also, to make custom icons appear on the second screen, you have to edit them with the Home and App Drawer default launcher.

Naschywolf

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. So I can't drag and drop from the home screen anymore to move apps to and from the second screen? When you say use the home plus app drawer launch to change icons - do you mean the paintbrush edit thing? Because I can't seem to use icon packs there, or access them from editing.

Last edited:

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the paint brush and, no, you can't use icon packs. You'll need to extract the icons you want from the icon pack of your choice. Search for ThemeX in the Play Store.

Unless you're frequently changing your second screen, it shouldn't be a problem that you can no longer drag apps up there. Mine have stayed the same, but everyone is different and I don't know your usage. It's just a pain changing icons because you have to change your default launcher every time. Also, if you want circle icons, it's an extra headache (tip: make sure the background behind the circle icon is black, not transparent).

Naschywolf

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Marcus, I really appreciate the help.

I'm the same as you I think. Once I have the second screen configured I don't think I'll be switching up apps too often, so the drag drop functionality isn't really an issue. It's just because I got the phone the other day - still tinkering around.

Yes, I assumed maybe I'd have to use ThemeX. I'd actually extracted a couple of icons and tried them out. Heh, and they were circular icons... I experienced that visual glitch. How do you rectify this? I found a really punchy icon pack (Graby Spin), and love the look. You say to make the background colour black instead of transparent - how do I do this? I assume I do this in the LG app icon editor?

Thanks

Naschywolf

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks mate.

I actually found an alternative way without needing to install any additional software. After extracting the icon via ThemeX, select it in the Gallery and select crop. Resize the selection so it's the exact same size and save it. Use that copy as the icon. It'll be a square with a black background.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks mate.

I actually found an alternative way without needing to install any additional software. After extracting the icon via ThemeX, select it in the Gallery and select crop. Resize the selection so it's the exact same size and save it. Use that copy as the icon. It'll be a square with a black background.
Nice! I'll keep that in mind. It was such a headache figuring out how to get round icons to display properly without that weird round-square outline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL