Disable and turn off the Chrome search and browsing history

Tekk nj

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I've been trying to disable the search history in the browser. However, no matter what setting I configure that looks to disable history and search collection in the browser. The settings won't take effect. When I reopen Chrome and type in the search box, all previously entered search will display again. How can I get this setting to work?

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've been trying to disable the search history in the browser. However, no matter what setting I configure that looks to disable history and search collection in the browser. The settings won't take effect. When I reopen Chrome and type in the search box, all previously entered search will display again. How can I get this setting to work?

Besides disabling....did you try wiping out the the browser history & cache first?

Tekk nj

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Yes. That's how I know its not working. I clear the history first and close the browser. I then start a new session search for something and browse around to a few URLs. When I go to settings > history, all the history is listed. When I enter the first character into the search box, all previous searches are displayed. I have disabled the suggestion service setting and the web & activity settings. But nothing seems to stop the data from being captured by Chrome.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
You can always open an incognito window from Chrome that won't store anything. If you want a more permanent solution, you need another browser.

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Yes. That's how I know its not working. I clear the history first and close the browser. I then start a new session search for something and browse around to a few URLs. When I go to settings > history, all the history is listed. When I enter the first character into the search box, all previous searches are displayed. I have disabled the suggestion service setting and the web & activity settings. But nothing seems to stop the data from being captured by Chrome.

You could try incognito like what poster above mentioned...It shouldn't record anything in your history. The Clear Data option below only clears your current or previous session history. It doesn't stop recording more history the next time you bring up the browser for another session. Just for fun, what dirty secrets are you trying to hide?

Attachments

• 19521.jpg
    19521.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Keep your wife off your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay