Checked out a G6, definitely prefer the V20

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The G6 looks very thick and the sides are pretty thick. So much for having a sealed battery, doesn't really make the phone thinner. Also the display looks kinda dim compared to an HTC or even the V20 screen. I really like the size however.

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I like a big phone, the S8+ is about the same size of the V20, which I like.

I change phones very often, in the past year or so I went from V10 to S7 Edge to Moto Z Force Droid to the V20.

I got the V20 on that super sale of $360 on T-Mobile

So i figure I can pay off the V20 and keep it on hand. Get the S8+ on Jump On Demand and have the best of both worlds, just switch the SIM every 2 weeks or so

I think QuickCapture+ is one of the best features of any phone, and the double tap

For Samsung I love their keyboard and calendar

I always feel like my Samsung phones are broken until I replace the default keyboard with gboard or SwiftKey. :)

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I always feel like my Samsung phones are broken until I replace the default keyboard with gboard or SwiftKey. :)

I am using SwiftKey in my V20 and I like it, but I am pretty sure I will keep the default Sammy keyboard when I get my S8+.

However I read all the time how much people like Gboard. My mom's Nexus 6 died last night, so I went to T-Mobile and got her a ZTE ZMAX Pro, since it is basically the same size. It came with Gboard and I used it, but didn't care for it.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
So I am getting the S8+ and keeping my V20 as a backup

Prior to the S8 and S8+ being unveiled I thought the LG G6 seemed cool, but I never saw one in person, Best Buy never had them.

When I went to T-Mobile to pay off my V20 so I could pre-order the S8+ they had a G6 on display, checked it out and it is a no brainer between that and the S8+, Samsung destroyed it

I would rather have the V20 over the G6, no comparison

I held them side by side and played with them, and G6 looks almost identical to the V20 on a software perspective

Other than gaining wireless charging, I would not see the appeal of the G6

It's funny. To each his own. I compared the S8 to the G6 and find no reason to pay $100 more for a fractionally faster processor, Bluetooth 5 and DocX or whatever its called. I can't stand the positioning of the fingerprint sensor or the edge screens.

It's all preference. Glad you found the right phone for you though!

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I really prefer 16/9 ratio to 2/1 ratio in a phone but it looks like we're all gonna be stuck with long skinny phones in the future. I'm very happy with my V20 for now. I bet the V30 is 2/1 also. Imagine how stupid it will look with a 2nd screen to make it even longer?

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I can't lie. The feel in hand of the G6 is perfect though. Not too narrow like the S8 but the S8+ has a nice feel to it as well. If the V20 wasn't the last of a rapidly dying breed I would very likely upgrade to the G6.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I can't lie. The feel in hand of the G6 is perfect though. Not too narrow like the S8 but the S8+ has a nice feel to it as well. If the V20 wasn't the last of a rapidly dying breed I would very likely upgrade to the G6.

Personally thought the S8+ was far too big. My hands are pretty big and I immediately felt like its size was going to be a burden.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
it's funny. To each his own. I compared the s8 to the g6 and find no reason to pay $100 more for a fractionally faster processor, bluetooth 5 and docx or whatever its called. I can't stand the positioning of the fingerprint sensor or the edge screens.

It's all preference. Glad you found the right phone for you though!
g6 $650
s8. $720

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Personally thought the S8+ was far too big. My hands are pretty big and I immediately felt like its size was going to be a burden.
I particularly like the S8+ because its a little wider and easier to hold for me. I think the G6 us just right compared to the standard S8. The Samsung duo sure are nice to look at though and those amoled screens are mesmerizing.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I particularly like the S8+ because its a little wider and easier to hold for me. I think the G6 us just right compared to the standard S8. The Samsung duo sure are nice to look at though and those amoled screens are mesmerizing.

They definitely look nice but I can't give into those curved screens. The only reason I considered the Note 7 was because it was so functional for my usage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC