V20 or S7?

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Me and my wife are about to switch to T Mobile and both the above phones are on sale for $480. I would like for us to both have the same phones. Any comments or recommendations on either?

I've never owned a Samsung and my wife has the S6edge+. So either phone would be an upgrade.

The V20 appeals to me because I use my phone a lot for work and the awesome dac is a plus.

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Me and my wife are about to switch to T Mobile and both the above phones are on sale for $480. I would like for us to both have the same phones. Any comments or recommendations on either?

I've never owned a Samsung and my wife has the S6edge+. So either phone would be an upgrade.

The V20 appeals to me because I use my phone a lot for work and the awesome dac is a plus.
V20 is a Phablet with Nougat and a removable battery. End of discussion.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

It all depends on what you like. Neither one is a bad phone. No question that the DAC in the V20 makes a big difference especially with decent headphones. The Secondary display is a feature that I initially dismissed, however it's actually quite nice. I like how when I get a call my main display doesn't get disrupted. I like the removable battery and large display without the over saturated colors like Samsung's Amoled, however a lot people like the Samsung display.

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Well I did it. Got the V20 yesterday at t mo and so far I love this phone. I've never had a phone this big before so that will take some getting used to. Second screen is great. IR blaster is a nice bonus.

Still exploring it and so far the only down side is the software updates. Still 7.0 and December patch but hopefully it gets better.

bwhick7492

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the v20 for my personal phone and the s7 for my work phone. S7 is good but I like the v20 much more. In my opinion these are better in the v20
Screen size
Battery life
Wide angle lens
Removable battery
2nd screen.
Dac
The things better on the S7 are
Waterproof
Back camera
Wireless charging
More cases and accessories to choose from.

Again these are my options so take them what they are worth.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the S7 and then switched to the V20. It was definitely a big upgrade: removable battery, no need to wait to top off the battery, IR blaster, thinner and slim design, bigger and better screen, better camera in my opinion and includes dual cameras.

VagrantSaint

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I had the S7 and then switched to the V20. It was definitely a big upgrade: removable battery, no need to wait to top off the battery, IR blaster, thinner and slim design, bigger and better screen, better camera in my opinion and includes dual cameras.

Yeah I've had the v20 for 3 days now and I'm incredibly happy with my choice. Today it comes to work with me so that will be the true test..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital