where are the updates?

muckle_dabuckle

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Sadly my V10 was the same way. Updates were few and far between.

I hear you. I had the V10 and T-Mobile/LG have only updated it three times in the 1.5 years it has been out (that includes software & security updates). Pathetic. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a year behind on security patches now.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
They did confirm 7.0 was coming to V10, but it probably won't hit until mid to late summer. And I'd fully expect that to be the last update for the v10

muckle_dabuckle

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Tired of waiting for any sort of update. It think I'm going to trade my V20 in for an iPhone or and/or buy a Blackberry DTEK60 for my Android fix and hope Blackberry doesn't go out of business in the next two years. Heck, even if they went out of business it would be no different than owning a V20 on the "Uncarrier."

They did confirm 7.0 was coming to V10, but it probably won't hit until mid to late summer. And I'd fully expect that to be the last update for the v10

You're probably right. So sad. I really liked the phone (the V20 even more), but freaked over the bootloop rumors and traded it in for my V20.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the T-Mobile variant and still stuck on the December security patch. Pretty sure T-Mobile has abandoned it (they even had it marked down to $480 recently). Reading other forums I have determined Verizon and T-Mobile seem to have abandoned the phone, while AT&T and Sprint have updated the security patches to one of the 2017 patches. To me this indicates a carrier problem more than an LG problem (if LG is pushing updates to AT&T and Sprint). You basically have to figure out the patterns of your carrier. I've determined T-Mobile only supports Samsung and Apple phones so those are my only choices if I want regular software updates.

I've considered switching to iOS...something unthinkable to me less than a year ago. Tired of buying expensive phones that aren't supported. And lets be real...if we do ever see another update on the V20 it will be months behind in the security patch department (some of the issues addressed in the April security patch sound really serious too).

I'm on TMO, and received the security update several weeks ago.

MADBRADNYC

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the TMo US LGV20 variant and received my May 1st security update earlier this afternoon. It's at the end of the month but I'm glad to have it.

Mikey88Chaos

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone who received and installed the lastest update.. How is it?
Yeah it looks like it's just a security update but it was pretty big

3fb75b91e6b187630a0ab11a5ceef981.jpg

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Battery life has noticeably dropped since installing. Not thrilled....

I cleared the cache in settings,
but can't find out how to get into the recovery menu to do it that way. Is there a way? I'm Tmo.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
You might try the Verizon method ;
Shut phone down
Simultaneously press and hold volume down and power buttons.
Continue holding both until recovery menu appears.
Use volume down button to scroll down to clear cache.
Press power button to select.
Phone will clear system cache and then reboot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae