Factory Reset after FPS could not recognize fingerprint and Pattern Lock unknown, data recovery?

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
24 hours ago my V20 did a factory reset as it wouldn't accept my fingerprints and I had no idea what the pattern lock was.

The last ten days of VZW messages were not uploaded to the VZW cloud and all of my photos and videos 100GB worth were deleted from the micro SD card in phone.

Is there anyway I can retrieve this information by either rooting the phone and using a software to "undelete" everything or am I just F'ed hard here

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Need help ASAP with V20 on VZW.

Damn that sucks. I'm going with you are F'ed hard here. I wonder why the card data was erased.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

I have the majority of my pics but none of the videos of flying around Mt Denali in Alaska last Thursday nor the videos I took while in Homer. Seriously pissed here. All pics went to Google Photos but not the majority of videos

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Did you rely solely on Verizon Cloud for photo backup?

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

Photo backup was Google Photos. I have a 1 TB package. VZW cloud is strictly for my 55k+ text messages

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Was it a case of videos being set to back up only on WiFi and you weren't on WiFi?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd try using a data recovery tool on the micro SD card. Would be best if you haven't written anything new to it since the reset.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

Was it a case of videos being set to back up only on WiFi and you weren't on WiFi?
I'm on a unlimited plan with VZW so I always upload on their network. I was in Alaska flying around Denali. One video uploaded but the others didn't from the rest if the trip.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
24 hours ago my V20 did a factory reset as it wouldn't accept my fingerprints and I had no idea what the pattern lock was.

The last ten days of VZW messages were not uploaded to the VZW cloud and all of my photos and videos 100GB worth were deleted from the micro SD card in phone.

Is there anyway I can retrieve this information by either rooting the phone and using a software to "undelete" everything or am I just F'ed hard here

A factory reset does not normally wipe out an SD card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781