Secondary screen burn in V20

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That code does not work for me.... Probably because it's disabled by Verizon so I can't see if mine does the same thing.
If you only see it in test mode I would not worry too much, but I can understand your concerns.

anon(10076979)

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
That code does not work for me.... Probably because it's disabled by Verizon so I can't see if mine does the same thing.
If you only see it in test mode I would not worry too much, but I can understand your concerns.

I just dont see it on the 2nd screen while not on test mode 'cause it's just black. Think I can live with it. Just the OC side of me.

But thanks Mike. You've always been helpful.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
LCDs aren't as susceptible to permanent ghosting or "burn-in" unlike plasma and OLED panels.

However, they are prone to a similar, albeit temporary condition called image retention.

It doesn't happen all the time but when displaying a static image for extended periods, the constant voltage may cause the liquid crystal to "stick", causing the effect. The solution is to either shut the display off or display a white image until the liquid crystals "unstick".

Image retention should not occur frequently, so if it does, the panel may be defective.

anon(10076979)

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Just an update. Went to the service centre here I showed them what happened and they confirmed that it's a screen burn. They will replace the display for free since it's still under warranty..

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just an update. Went to the service centre here I showed them what happened and they confirmed that it's a screen burn. They will replace the display for free since it's still under warranty..

There may be a defect in the screen but it's not burn in. The service is probably using that term loosely.
In any event the screen replacement should rectify it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae