Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Quote Originally Posted by throonis View Post
    put this file rageagainstthecage-arm5 in your superoneclick>exploits file then close

then open one click on your left corner you have a drop box choose rageagain now press shell wait for it to work if it freezes close it out then open again now hit root and your phone should be rooted now or follow gollum18 instructions again and it should work i did for me many times
    Finally got it working thank you. I just had yo restart my laptop about 10 times to keep the application from freezing
    Last edited by alog122; 08-31-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Default Re: [ how to ] root the lg viper

So using Shabbypenguin's AIO on my 3rd LG Viper now I have rooted my device. Both previous times I have ended up with CWM on the device and bricked the devices come time I needed to do a restore.

What can we do to restore these devices after rooting them? If a custom recovery ends up on the device it seems we are screwed. 1st device I installed cwm, 2nd device I installed nandroid thinking it would be safe and made a back up. once again no go, bricked device.

I'm now on my 3rd device, need root, but dont think I can get Sprint to give me a 4th if the time comes. How can we prevent bricking our devices and having the benefits of root?

Quote Originally Posted by throonis View Post
    i lost recovery and my lg viper is stuck on the lg logo please help i can't afford another phone my son tried to root it but if i get instrucitons i can fix it i tried lg updater didn't it says software is current and also recover mode didn't work don't i did get these files from lg updater i turned off my internet i it wouldn't pull them back LS840_WD_1_0_0_0.dll ,LS840ZVD_02.bin and LS840ZVD_02.SD_02.P25002.wdb please help

There is nothing you can do it seems. Once a custom recovery is on this device its done for.
    Try and get Sprint to replace it for you. I've got lucky and just got my 3rd Viper form them. One thing is for sure, there will be no custom recovery on my device again, and this means any thing like nandroid, or titanium back up. LG seems to not want any one to mess with these phones.

Does the CWM recovery posted work? Like can it function on the LS840ZVD?

I cannot seem to get the rageaganstthecage exploit to download on my Windows 7 machine. I turned off my anti-virus but when I download it, I tell it to save in a specific spot, and Firefox says it is completed, yet it does not appear where I told it to save. Searched the entire system and nothing. Any ideas?

ROM
    Stock,.... So Far,....

I just got my new Viper Rooted using SuperOneClick and Rage ,... now I'm wondering ,.... whats the state of things as in Custom Recovery /
    Roms ,... are there any or are there going to be any ,...?
    Thanked by:
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by RedBunnyJAV View Post
    I just got my new Viper Rooted using SuperOneClick and Rage ,... now I'm wondering ,.... whats the state of things as in Custom Recovery /
    Roms ,... are there any or are there going to be any ,...?
    I'm wondering the same I got mine rooted a few hours ago.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Update.....finally got ratc downloaded and working....viper is rooted and sprint bloatware is gone. Thanks.

Wow first shot and it rooted. Thank you very much for this method. If I had any money I would donate but for now this thank you will have to do G.

I'm new to this LG Viper (was a happy Evo4g hacked phone user for 2yrs)......... followed all directions, & yes, I am now rooted. GREAT GUIDE!!!!

Now my my issue is my Play Store isn't working. I get "THE APPLICATION GOOGLE PLAY STORE (PROCESS COM. ANDROID.VENDING) HAS STOPPED UNEXPECTEDLY. PLEASE TRY AGAIN" It force closes every time i click to view an app or even update it. It opens, i see what apps need to be updated, but it shuts down when i try.

I was on XDA and got a couple of solutions, none worked. Factory reset, nope.... Updated prl & profile, no help..... Uninstalled, then re-installed play store, no help either..... Someone suggested i flash the GAPPS zip, but i don't have a custom recovery so how could I do this without bricking my phone? I do have the paid version of Rom ToolBox, thats what i used to delete the pre-installed Google apps, but i didn't delete any processes, so i'm confused as to why i'm having problems with the play store.

Your having problems with the play store because you deleted the Gapps package . X.x when you delete an .apk it stops the process because it removes the app.

Quote Originally Posted by alog122 View Post
    Your having problems with the play store because you deleted the Gapps package . X.x when you delete an .apk it stops the process because it removes the app.
    So would you happen to know a way I could fix this?

Your going too have too reflash the phone. since there no working recovery. Only method I know without a customm recovery

Quote Originally Posted by MsOhSoPhresh View Post
    So would you happen to know a way I could fix this?
    I would try what sanders said. Read his guide that he posted today if you have tryed all of the things you said with no luck than that's all you can do really.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #115  

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Project panda custom recovery is up go check it out, nigel did an excellent job on it and is actively developing it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

So for those still having issues doing this... check these things...

1. Start > Control Panel > System > Device Manager | Make sure 'AndroidNet Sooner Single ADB Interface' is under 'ADB Interface' -- if not you have a driver issue
    2. Make sure all antivirus ( Windows Defender included ) in Windows Defender go to Settings tab and disable real-time protection as it will auto-delete the RATC file.
    3. Make sure that 'rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin' is in your Exploits directory.
    4. Rename 'rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin' to just 'rageagainstthecage-arm5' - just to be safe

Default Re: [ how to ][updated] root the lg viper

Also please be sure to run "shell root" first and let it do it's thing. Upon completion USB debugging will reboot then run normal root. Install cwmrecovery.img via adb DO NOT flash with ROM Manager as our device is not supported yet, this leads to soft brick and recovery loop.
    P.S. There is not a way to make a nandroid backup yet as there are no custom ROMs available. As far as I know it is impossible to nand a stock rom, cannot mount /system in recovery. Hope this info helps.

Wanted to make a correction to that last post...by flashing the recovery.img located in the Project Panda download one is able to do a full Nand backup.

my lg viper wont root. i got lg viper 4g lte . i was using super 1 click root and steps 1-5 fails ill post screen shot i need help asap or email me

someone please help me
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #120  

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Jake what baseband are you running, it should work on both zvc and zvd.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Thanks gollum18! So far everything is working. I have cwm installed. It got stuck on reboot from recovery after running backup, but holding volume down and power button I was able to restart phone. I hope I do not have problems down the road. Thanks for all of your work.

Global Posts
    1,424 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MrDroid View Post
    Thanks gollum18! So far everything is working. I have cwm installed. It got stuck on reboot from recovery after running backup, but holding volume down and power button I was able to restart phone. I hope I do not have problems down the road. Thanks for all of your work.
    No thanks to me I guess? :P Lol, j/p.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

Hey some advice do NOT boot into any recovery using the hardware buttons as u will only get an option to do a factory reset. With a custom recovery installed this will only SB ur phone, a new security measure LG has implimented to prevent modders/devs from accessing root access. Always use a root app or reboot app to get into recovery. Trust me, I soft-bricked my viper a....couple of times before I figured that one out. Happy modding!

flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by nateloc View Post
    Hey some advice do NOT boot into any recovery using the hardware buttons as u will only get an option to do a factory reset. With a custom recovery installed this will only SB ur phone, a new security measure LG has implimented to prevent modders/devs from accessing root access. Always use a root app or reboot app to get into recovery. Trust me, I soft-bricked my viper a....couple of times before I figured that one out. Happy modding!

Not true, volume down and power take you to a factory reset menu, volume up and power it's recovery

... And my de-looper fixes a recovery loop

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast