[ how to ][root][GB] root the lg viper GB/ics
02-06-2014 09:00 PM
- put this file rageagainstthecage-arm5 in your superoneclick>exploits file then close
then open one click on your left corner you have a drop box choose rageagain now press shell wait for it to work if it freezes close it out then open again now hit root and your phone should be rooted now or follow gollum18 instructions again and it should work i did for me many times08-31-2012 01:22 AM
- So using Shabbypenguin's AIO on my 3rd LG Viper now I have rooted my device. Both previous times I have ended up with CWM on the device and bricked the devices come time I needed to do a restore.
What can we do to restore these devices after rooting them? If a custom recovery ends up on the device it seems we are screwed. 1st device I installed cwm, 2nd device I installed nandroid thinking it would be safe and made a back up. once again no go, bricked device.
I'm now on my 3rd device, need root, but dont think I can get Sprint to give me a 4th if the time comes. How can we prevent bricking our devices and having the benefits of root?08-31-2012 09:45 PM
- i lost recovery and my lg viper is stuck on the lg logo please help i can't afford another phone my son tried to root it but if i get instrucitons i can fix it i tried lg updater didn't it says software is current and also recover mode didn't work don't i did get these files from lg updater i turned off my internet i it wouldn't pull them back LS840_WD_1_0_0_0.dll ,LS840ZVD_02.bin and LS840ZVD_02.SD_02.P25002.wdb please help
There is nothing you can do it seems. Once a custom recovery is on this device its done for.
Try and get Sprint to replace it for you. I've got lucky and just got my 3rd Viper form them. One thing is for sure, there will be no custom recovery on my device again, and this means any thing like nandroid, or titanium back up. LG seems to not want any one to mess with these phones.08-31-2012 09:50 PM
- I cannot seem to get the rageaganstthecage exploit to download on my Windows 7 machine. I turned off my anti-virus but when I download it, I tell it to save in a specific spot, and Firefox says it is completed, yet it does not appear where I told it to save. Searched the entire system and nothing. Any ideas?09-06-2012 11:36 AM
Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 209-06-2012 06:41 PM
- I'm new to this LG Viper (was a happy Evo4g hacked phone user for 2yrs)......... followed all directions, & yes, I am now rooted. GREAT GUIDE!!!!
Now my my issue is my Play Store isn't working. I get "THE APPLICATION GOOGLE PLAY STORE (PROCESS COM. ANDROID.VENDING) HAS STOPPED UNEXPECTEDLY. PLEASE TRY AGAIN" It force closes every time i click to view an app or even update it. It opens, i see what apps need to be updated, but it shuts down when i try.
I was on XDA and got a couple of solutions, none worked. Factory reset, nope.... Updated prl & profile, no help..... Uninstalled, then re-installed play store, no help either..... Someone suggested i flash the GAPPS zip, but i don't have a custom recovery so how could I do this without bricking my phone? I do have the paid version of Rom ToolBox, thats what i used to delete the pre-installed Google apps, but i didn't delete any processes, so i'm confused as to why i'm having problems with the play store.09-14-2012 02:07 PM
- So for those still having issues doing this... check these things...
1. Start > Control Panel > System > Device Manager | Make sure 'AndroidNet Sooner Single ADB Interface' is under 'ADB Interface' -- if not you have a driver issue
2. Make sure all antivirus ( Windows Defender included ) in Windows Defender go to Settings tab and disable real-time protection as it will auto-delete the RATC file.
3. Make sure that 'rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin' is in your Exploits directory.
4. Rename 'rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin' to just 'rageagainstthecage-arm5' - just to be safe10-17-2012 08:56 PM
- Also please be sure to run "shell root" first and let it do it's thing. Upon completion USB debugging will reboot then run normal root. Install cwmrecovery.img via adb DO NOT flash with ROM Manager as our device is not supported yet, this leads to soft brick and recovery loop.
P.S. There is not a way to make a nandroid backup yet as there are no custom ROMs available. As far as I know it is impossible to nand a stock rom, cannot mount /system in recovery. Hope this info helps.
Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 210-26-2012 03:45 PM
- Thanks gollum18! So far everything is working. I have cwm installed. It got stuck on reboot from recovery after running backup, but holding volume down and power button I was able to restart phone. I hope I do not have problems down the road. Thanks for all of your work.10-30-2012 10:33 PM
- Thanks gollum18! So far everything is working. I have cwm installed. It got stuck on reboot from recovery after running backup, but holding volume down and power button I was able to restart phone. I hope I do not have problems down the road. Thanks for all of your work.10-30-2012 10:55 PM
- Hey some advice do NOT boot into any recovery using the hardware buttons as u will only get an option to do a factory reset. With a custom recovery installed this will only SB ur phone, a new security measure LG has implimented to prevent modders/devs from accessing root access. Always use a root app or reboot app to get into recovery. Trust me, I soft-bricked my viper a....couple of times before I figured that one out. Happy modding!
Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 211-01-2012 06:08 AM
- wormy987123flashaholicHey some advice do NOT boot into any recovery using the hardware buttons as u will only get an option to do a factory reset. With a custom recovery installed this will only SB ur phone, a new security measure LG has implimented to prevent modders/devs from accessing root access. Always use a root app or reboot app to get into recovery. Trust me, I soft-bricked my viper a....couple of times before I figured that one out. Happy modding!
Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2
Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 211-01-2012 07:03 AM
- More Android Goodness
- The Archives
- Android Central Archives
- LG Viper 4G LTE
[ how to ][root][GB] root the lg viper GB/ics
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD