[ how to ][root][GB] root the lg viper GB/ics

Mista_J

May 12, 2011
Visit site
When I tried to boot into recovery using quick boot, I quickly saw the Android man with an exclamation point inside a triangle, then it rebooted to the os.

Mista_J

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ how to ] root the lg viper

As long as I have this stock rom, in the future when this phone upgrades to ics, will I still receive the update?

Shabbypenguin

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

not sure what is wrong with the script but you should be able to follow the script commands you can manually install it

Amber.scheel

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

HELP!?!?!? I can't seem to place the Rageagainsthecage-arm5.bin file in the exploits folder. Can anyone help me with this little problem??

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
HELP!?!?!? I can't seem to place the Rageagainsthecage-arm5.bin file in the exploits folder. Can anyone help me with this little problem??

Make sure to have any antivirus software turned off or else it will detect it and put it in the virus chest. Also when you are rooted use from manager and flash can for the LG connect.

Amber.scheel

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I am a complete noob to all this and am unsure if I just misread your second sentence or what but I didn't understand it. Could you explain it please like I'm dense?? Again, sorry I am just beginning to learn. Tomorrow I'll make sure to remove the antivirus off and try the rooting process again. Thank you for your patience and assistance. :)

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
*turn the antivirus off

alright follow my instructions in the op. Once you are rooted install rom manager from the play store. Next hit the top button where it says flash clockworkmod recovery. A menu will pop up, choose the one that says LG Connect.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Mista_J

May 12, 2011
Visit site

When I boot into cwm and then try to reboot, the phone freezes and I have to pull the battery to boot into android. What am I doing wrong?

Mista_J

May 12, 2011
Visit site

Which cwm did you flash?

The one for the LG Connect. I can't get past the LG screen now!
*edit* I got it to boot back into cwm but I dont know what to do from here.

Last edited:

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The one for the LG Connect. I can't get past the LG screen now!
*edit* I got it to boot back into cwm but I dont know what to do from here.

This doesnt sound good ill let shabby know he may be able to pull an update.zip together for you, if not I don't know from here.

Can you do anything from the cwm menu?

DO NOT DO A FACTORY RESET YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DATA.

Try wiping your cache and dalvik cache, then reboot it may help.

Mista_J

May 12, 2011
Visit site

I don't think so, every time I try to reboot system, it just freezes on rebooting. Were you able to use cwm recovery at all? I already did a factory reset and that didn't help, really doesn't matter if I lose my data.