1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG Viper Stuck in Recovery

I booted into recovery did a factory reset. I am stuck in recovery. Can't seem to get out of it. It is CWM v.5.5.0.4 I can install zip files etc. but phone will not boot. Any Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by adamsse; 06-06-2012 at 01:22 PM.

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

Default Re: LG Viper Stuck in Recovery

Quote Originally Posted by adamsse View Post
    I booted into recovery did a factory reset. I am stuck in recovery. Can't seem to do anything. Any help would be great.
    How did you boot into recovery? This exact same thing led to me bricking my phone!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Held down power and down volume. It asked if I wanted to do a factory reset I said yes. It then went into recovery. I was hoping to backup and restore but I can't seem to.

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

Held down power and down volume. It asked if I wanted to do a factory reset I said yes. It then went into recovery. I was hoping to backup and restore but I can't seem to.
    I think you should boot your phone into download mode, and use the lg mobile tools to flash the stock software back to your phone, but you have to make sure to install the lg drivers for your phone to your computer first.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

How do I get into download mode?

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Are you familiar with adb?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I have used it on my Opitmus LS760 but I had the commands from somewhere else.

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

How do I get into download mode?
    You get into download mode by powering off your phone, then hold down volume up and power button at the same time. While continuing to hold those buttons, quickly plug your usb cable that is connected to your computer into your phone. Download mode should then display on your phone. Then you run the LG Mobile Tools app on your computer.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks for all of the help. LG support tools connects to the phone. I do the update it tells me the phone is now updated. I do the recovery phone option as well. The app downloads and installs software but still the phone only boots into recovery mode. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

Thanks for all of the help. LG support tools connects to the phone. I do the update it tells me the phone is now updated. I do the recovery phone option as well. The app downloads and installs software but still the phone only boots into recovery mode. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I had the same problem, only mine would not boot past the LG screen and not into recovery. Thought that this would help you. I'm sorry that is about all I know how to do. I ended up sending my phone to LG for repair, but it has been a nightmare! Sent my phone in on May 22, and they repaired it at no charge but they just shipped it back out to me on today! I had to keep contacting them to check the status of the repair and to kind of nudge them to complete it. I hope someone else can help you so you don't have to send your phone to LG for repair.
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Does anyone have a custom rom for the LG Viper?
    ROM Developer

where did you get this version of cwm? last i heard it wasnt working so well on this device.

if you could be so kind as to join the irc link in my sig i have a fix that may save you but the only true way is if i get teh stock files from someone who is booting
    Webchat support for the Official Unloved Devices Hit Squad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I've helped you then please buy me a beer

I find that when it you choose the reboot option from recovery iand it freeses it stoll completes any action you commited it simply fails to shut down and boot. So if you remove the battery and then boot you should have all actions in place. But you say choosing yes option from reset prompt sends you to recovery, have to try that. If any one finds this in error and im making mistake please post. Or post if this was helpful. Ty

ROM
    Hydrokernel on Optimus S

Quote Originally Posted by JzMac View Post
    I find that when it you choose the reboot option from recovery iand it freeses it stoll completes any action you commited it simply fails to shut down and boot. So if you remove the battery and then boot you should have all actions in place. But you say choosing yes option from reset prompt sends you to recovery, have to try that. If any one finds this in error and im making mistake please post. Or post if this was helpful. Ty
    Don't do it!

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Has anyone found an unbrick method?

Somebody please give me the link to the LG Viper's latest stock ROM, I bricked my phone after updating and I need the update as a .img so I can install from the SD card with the phone's stock recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by raven666654 View Post
    Has anyone found an unbrick method?
    I'm bricked too, stuck at a changed bootanimation.zip after changing my su binary with TB.

See link I posted at other forum:

"This won't work if your using any kind of Clockwork Recovery.

I found out the hard way.

Played around for 2 days until I found out that Clockwork flashed my phone to a different model. (VS840)

If you unbrick the phone and go on the LG support update, if will check the model of your phone and flash it by the model number that it reads.

See our phones should be an LS840 but mine was changed when I wiped the data.

The Clockwork version I tried to used was for the LG Connect 4G (5.8.3.1)
    this recovery worked great until you tried to flash a kernel or restore an img.

So phone is dead. Ordering a new one off ebay.

Ok now for the fun part if you want.

Uunbrick you ask, well yes there is away to get you at least back to the LG update if you want to try and.

See as stated I was at the LG logo screen and couldn't do nothing. well here it goes.

All this does is get you back to LG update.
    (plug in usb cable & hold the volume up key while turning on the phone)

First step if you can get into CWM you will need to do a small update. go here:

(ClockworkMod looping after flashing. Download this and flash in recovery

)

Change the file to update and run it then reboot your phone holding down the keys stated above.
    This will get you back to the LG update. Good Luck!

However like I said beware of the model number! "

Iam on my head with this one! ( HELP PLz ) My lg optimus elite phone just boots into sru-system recovery uty. and that dose not work. I can't use my pc to get into it '.becuse the usb debuggings not enable. i have tryed alot of prgs.Plz help you can email me if you like at

I just want to reiterate DO NOT install cwm on the viper, it will brick your viper if you need to recover the device. I bricked my new viper on accident a day after getting it because of cwm.
    Lucky for me I got the local sprint store to swap it out for me.

LG tools will not recover the device. it showed software up to date and would not work. Running LG update will not unbrick the device even after doing the cwm flash in recovery that sparkyslots posted.
    Thanked by:

Lightbulb Re: LG Viper Stuck in Recovery

Getting out of recovery on LG Viper LTE was a genius discovery of mine, You simply hold the UPPER volume down long enough for the LG Logo to show a few times then release it, Also inserting Your SD Card (possibly) and wah-lah normal system boot-up! Hope this helps it did me, Cheers!

You don't have to restore it, you can use my delooper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

my phone was stuck with recovery just flash it with VZI firmware it went back to normal................