1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Free GS3 v0.0.6

Default Battery Life

Wife just got viper on Thursday same time I got my s2 epic 4g touch and her battery life is horrible. I've gone in and tweaked settings and downloaded a battery saver iy helps but still not that great. Anyone else have any ideas that I haven't tried?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Battery Life

Is it still required that you run it empty and charge it to full while off to get the battery fully charged. Might help but newer batteries might not require it.

Not sure what you are considering horrible but my wife gets about 8 hrs of usage out of hers. I think that's pretty bad considering my POS Admiral gets about twice that.
    Always have your stuff when you need it with Dropbox. Sign up for free! http://db.tt/4AiUNSMC

Mine
    - Sprint: Palm 700p, Palm Treo Pro, HTC Touch, HP Palm Pre, Motorola Admiral, Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G (Jellybean 4.2.2); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.4.2)
    Wife's - Sprint: HP Palm Pre, LG Viper 4G LTE (ICS); Vizio VTAB1008 Tablet (Honeycomb); AT&T: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active (4.3)
    Daughters' - Nabi2 tablets (ICS)

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    ROM
    Free GS3 v0.0.6

She was getting about 4 hours. I installed 2x battery saver and set her network to cdma only no lte and that seems to be helping to get about 6-7 hours depending on use

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

The same was happening to my stepfather phone it would only last a max of 5 hours before dying, we took it into the sprint store and they said the battery was bad(what I figured) so they ordered him a new one, what I couldn't understand was how his battery WAS bad in the first place he has only had the phone for a month and a half, I honestly think this phone kills battery's cause it gets up past 130 degrees when it is on the charger.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    The same was happening to my stepfather phone it would only last a max of 5 hours before dying, we took it into the sprint store and they said the battery was bad(what I figured) so they ordered him a new one, what I couldn't understand was how his battery WAS bad in the first place he has only had the phone for a month and a half, I honestly think this phone kills battery's cause it gets up past 130 degrees when it is on the charger.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    My phone lasts about 8 hours and then dies. It has never gone above 118 degrees and only when lightly using the internet. But I think most of my problems are signal related than the battery. How is your step dad's service?
    Current Device: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean 4.2.1
    Previous Devices: HTC Evo Shift 4G & iPhone 3GS 16GB