Surprised...

crashfactoryx

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I went from an Evo 4G to this phone and am pretty darn impressed, specs are great, screen is gorgeous, battery life is as good or better than my Evo was, REALLY surprised that the development on this is not bigger, no XDA forum, etc...Pretty nice specs for a free phone, I live near Kansas City and am gettinga bout 16MB/s DL with 4g LTE..i figured the community would be all over this thing..::sigh:: oh well, glad to see you guys are working on it and like it also.

alog122

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I also came from the evo. I was really surprised there wasn't more development for this bad boy, especially with the dual core processors.

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I also came from the evo. I was really surprised there wasn't more development for this bad boy, especially with the dual core processors.

My thoughts exactly. Just takes time. Evo 4g been around.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I went from an Evo 4G to this phone and am pretty darn impressed, specs are great, screen is gorgeous, battery life is as good or better than my Evo was, REALLY surprised that the development on this is not bigger, no XDA forum, etc...Pretty nice specs for a free phone, I live near Kansas City and am gettinga bout 16MB/s DL with 4g LTE..i figured the community would be all over this thing..::sigh:: oh well, glad to see you guys are working on it and like it also.

16 down? Nice speeds. I'm surprised for you being in KC that it doesn't get higher. Have you had any speedtests approaching 30Mbps down yet?

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Isn't the screen beautiful for such unimpressive pixel density? The only better screen I've seen is the HOX. I look at it in broad daylight and read email perfectly.

The new LG phone on verizon is only $100. And no one seems to care about that one either. I hope it pays off for them to keep making great hardware in this price range, because they will wind up dominating the mid-range market if they do, and that means when it is time for me to upgrade, I'll be able to find something awesome for cheap.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Android Central Forums

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
LG is releasing the Mach on Sprint tomorrow. It is the keyboard touring brother to the Viper. Same specs plus a physical keyboard.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
LG is releasing the Mach on Sprint tomorrow. It is the keyboard touring brother to the Viper. Same specs plus a physical keyboard.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

There isn't a facepalm smiley... but if there were, that is how I would describe that marketing strategy.

Sprint also released the photon Q with the keyboard... I wonder if there is demand for it and Sprint thinks that if they are the only ones with qwerty phone, it will pay off.

Plus, the new budget phone LG released for $50 on at&t has the new design that LG is putting on their phones with the slim body and textures edge. The viper it's awesome, but I would not settle for this fat-boy now if I were signing a contract.

sent from my LG Viper using my thumb and Swype.

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
There isn't a facepalm smiley... but if there were, that is how I would describe that marketing strategy.

Sprint also released the photon Q with the keyboard... I wonder if there is demand for it and Sprint thinks that if they are the only ones with qwerty phone, it will pay off.

Plus, the new budget phone LG released for $50 on at&t has the new design that LG is putting on their phones with the slim body and textures edge. The viper it's awesome, but I would not settle for this fat-boy now if I were signing a contract.

Turns out the LG Mach is .02" thicker than the Viper, and has a Snapdragon S4 Pro vs. the Viper's S3. But even then it's still quite thin, and yes there is still demand for physical keyboards on smartphones, just not as much as there used to be, but it must be more so on Sprint than any other carrier.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Turns out the LG Mach is .02" thicker than the Viper, and has a Snapdragon S4 Pro vs. the Viper's S3. But even then it's still quite thin, and yes there is still demand for physical keyboards on smartphones, just not as much as there used to be, but it must be more so on Sprint than any other carrier.

Yeah, I read a review. That's interesting. It's thinner than the viper and has the keyboard and a better processor. I don't care about a slide, so I'd rather just a really thin viper, but if I were shopping now, it get the thinner one and never use the keyboard.

Actually, if I were buying a Sprint phone, it'd be the optimus g :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital