source code

pmoneyprix

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I'm not a developer by any means but I have been on the lookout for anything involving our phones. Well I don't know if you all have this yet but it never hurts to have it in a easy to reach location. I've found the source code for gingerbread and ics soheres a link http://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensource.jsp edit: first box pick mobil phone, second box type lgls840. Pick the phone and your there. Hope this helps

Last edited:

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
hey woah.... the ICS code was NOT on there last week when I checked it..... I think this means its coming soon.

pmoneyprix

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I hope so.. hopefully when sprint gets it from lg they test it a little. When my optimus got gingerbread it messed a lot of our phones up. They had to release a downgrade till it was fixed...

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Would we be able to build a rom with the source and the instructions included with it? It says to dl source from Google and merge it together then run make. I know we don't have a recovery yet but would it be possible

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
yes. there is instructions in the download in a .txt file explaining how to break down the source and use it to build a ROM

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
What is the advantage of ICS over gingerbread with a 3rd party launcher from the app store?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I mean, how will my phone be different with actual ICS on it versus the holo launcher? And it sucks that the screen real estate will be taken up by the virtual buttons.

The only ICS thing that I actually want (that I can tell, I may be wrong) is the key that poops up my recent apps, but I have a "recent" tab in my app drawer already.

So, my question is, what is the advantage that I'm missing?

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
And I think you jumped the gun on the ICS code anyway...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347593317894.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347593317894.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 20

hezx

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
I grabbed it also. Im going to try to see what I can do with it before a actual launch comes out.

Heck maybe some how I can use the .TAR files to flash it to my phone??? never know

sq5lbc.jpg

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 16

RedBunnyJAV

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I got the files yesterday morning too,.... This is the main .zip file. I'm uploading it to MediaFire right now so about 2 hours from now it should be uploaded I'll just highlight the name and hyperlink it. The two other files are whats inside the zip. I actually am wondering if you could just install from .zip in CWM ,.... We might have a new CWM soon too. we have some stock recovery images and then the other files needed over at CWM ClockWorkMod Builder

LS840(Viper)_Android_ICS_4.0.4_r1_US_Sprint_Opensource_LS840ZVG

LS840_android_ZVG.tar
LS840_android_ZVG.tar

I'll change the link out when it uploads,....

~Aaron~

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC