Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 17181920
Like Tree71Likes

Default Re: Ics official release today.

I don't have a computer right now so I can't get into recovery mode tried button combos and all I can get to is factory reset that's it I even went to a sprint corporate store and they couldn't even get it into recovery either so idk if it's something wrong with my phone or what I'm not rooted so idk what the problem would be

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

Do you have root?

Quote Originally Posted by slinkies View Post
    I don't have a computer right now so I can't get into recovery mode tried button combos and all I can get to is factory reset that's it I even went to a sprint corporate store and they couldn't even get it into recovery either so idk if it's something wrong with my phone or what I'm not rooted so idk what the problem would be

I went through that yesterday, recovery mode is no help. you need to find a computer to do the unbrick method in the stickies.. you will be back up and running in minutes..

Sprint should know how too do this too start with. But here is something you may not know. for some reason if you don't have the update.zip on your sd card and you do the adb reboot recovery all it will do is reboot the phone. now of you have the update.zip on the sd card and use the same command adb reboot recovery it will go too stock recovery. I hope that helps anyone
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

All be doing the manual update today.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Tommy it reboots the phone because the recovery checks for a gota update.zip on your sdcard, if its not there it'll reboot.

But I'm pretty sure you already knew that didn't you?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Tommy it reboots the phone because the recovery checks for a gota update.zip on your sdcard, if its not there it'll reboot.

But I'm pretty sure you already knew that didn't you?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah that something LG started not too long ago.
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

Just got the update last night. I let it download over night and installed it this morning. The Internet is allot slower why is that?

I'm using dolphin and see no difference

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

Quote Originally Posted by R34SKYLINE View Post
    Just got the update last night. I let it download over night and installed it this morning. The Internet is allot slower why is that?

Still waiting on it here in central florida.

Quote Originally Posted by dlweihs View Post
    Still waiting on it here in central florida.

Usually takes 10-15 days for the update.zip too get pushed too all devices
    Thanked by 2:

What's weird is since I updated, the first day or so my phone seemed to lag quite a bit, but is now seems noticeably faster that it was on gb. Coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by cap'n awesome View Post
    What's weird is since I updated, the first day or so my phone seemed to lag quite a bit, but is now seems noticeably faster that it was on gb. Coincidence?
    I noticed it as well. I just did a factory reset and it was smooth after that reset

Lol, just got the update notification.

Sent from my Viper 4G

And in southern Illinois

Got a message from "sprint zone " a few minutes ago saying that the phone would be upgraded to ICS but no push yet.

Got a message from "sprint zone " a few minutes ago saying that the phone would be upgraded to ICS but no push yet.
    I got that message after i did the manual install. Sprint just sending mobile alerts that ICS is out and will be pushing firmware over the air . All users should get a system update in another 7-10 days. subject google server doesn't do another upgrade too there server like they have been doing.

yeah still waiting for the OTA push here.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #494  

Now the scenario for myself was, my phone rooted, my girls not ( both viper's ), turned out i had the update.zip downloaded for a while, but the notification of update availability hadn't shown...but on her non rooted phone, as soon as she checked system updates, boom ota update.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #495  

Quote Originally Posted by hezx View Post
    only 5800 broken?
    Your doing something wrong..... im getting scores of 5600-5700 stock.

Check your scripts

Only thing im doing wrong is replying to a post from you. Let me guess,,you have a class 8 or 10 sd card? And regardless, benchmarks dont mean anything. a lower benchmark score may perform much better then a higher one.

Still waiting on OTA.What the hell is taking so long?

This makes me glad that I did the manual update. If you have a pc, just do the update and if you have questions, I or someone on the forum will help you.

sent from my LG Viper using my thumb and Swype.

Well it is the 14th and still no ICS OTA yet, i will give it one more day and i will do the manual install, sprint is a pain in the *** when it comes to updates.

Well it is the 14th and still no ICS OTA yet, i will give it one more day and i will do the manual install, sprint is a pain in the *** when it comes to updates.
    Go to settings then to apps then to storage look for Google framework or something like that. And clear the cache and close it. Then go back to update device and check for a new firmware then go back and go to up date device and ics should be downloading

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 17181920