Ics official release today.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Tommy it reboots the phone because the recovery checks for a gota update.zip on your sdcard, if its not there it'll reboot.

But I'm pretty sure you already knew that didn't you?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Tommy it reboots the phone because the recovery checks for a gota update.zip on your sdcard, if its not there it'll reboot.

But I'm pretty sure you already knew that didn't you?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah that something LG started not too long ago.

Last edited:

R34SKYLINE

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update last night. I let it download over night and installed it this morning. The Internet is allot slower why is that?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

dlweihs

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update last night. I let it download over night and installed it this morning. The Internet is allot slower why is that?

Still waiting on it here in central florida.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

cap'n awesome

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
What's weird is since I updated, the first day or so my phone seemed to lag quite a bit, but is now seems noticeably faster that it was on gb. Coincidence?

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Got a message from "sprint zone " a few minutes ago saying that the phone would be upgraded to ICS but no push yet.
I got that message after i did the manual install. Sprint just sending mobile alerts that ICS is out and will be pushing firmware over the air . All users should get a system update in another 7-10 days. subject google server doesn't do another upgrade too there server like they have been doing.

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Now the scenario for myself was, my phone rooted, my girls not ( both viper's ), turned out i had the update.zip downloaded for a while, but the notification of update availability hadn't shown...but on her non rooted phone, as soon as she checked system updates, boom ota update.

n0ve

May 12, 2012
Visit site
only 5800 broken?
Your doing something wrong..... im getting scores of 5600-5700 stock.

Check your scripts

Only thing im doing wrong is replying to a post from you. Let me guess,,you have a class 8 or 10 sd card? And regardless, benchmarks dont mean anything. a lower benchmark score may perform much better then a higher one.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
This makes me glad that I did the manual update. If you have a pc, just do the update and if you have questions, I or someone on the forum will help you.

sent from my LG Viper using my thumb and Swype.

dlweihs

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Well it is the 14th and still no ICS OTA yet, i will give it one more day and i will do the manual install, sprint is a pain in the ass when it comes to updates.

R34SKYLINE

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Well it is the 14th and still no ICS OTA yet, i will give it one more day and i will do the manual install, sprint is a pain in the ass when it comes to updates.

Go to settings then to apps then to storage look for Google framework or something like that. And clear the cache and close it. Then go back to update device and check for a new firmware then go back and go to up date device and ics should be downloading