[CWM][SOURCE] Pure ProjectVenom Recovery

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Project Venom 4.1.2

The official bugtracker is located HERE

Scroll down to post #2 for screenshots, post #3 for changelog, and post #4 for download links.

ProjectVENOM is a free, community built distribution of ClockWorkMod which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

#Standard CM Disclaimer;
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up or hard bricking your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Please post bug reports on The Panda Project issue tracker for these builds. These are UNOFFICIAL Alpha Builds of ProjectPanda for the Sprint Samsung Ga laxy S II Epic 4G Touch (SPH-D710). I repeat this is an unofficial port. If you post issues on the official CyanogenMod bug tracker, they will laugh, and delete it. Post all issues in The Panda Project tracker located HERE.

Credits to Developers:

The entire CyanogenMod team. You guys are awesome!
All my testers (Thanks Everyone)
The people at GitHub (Storing codes, and for verfication of source built rom)
Google (Enough Said)

Private Testers Credits:
No testers yet.

ProjectPanda's Github
All source code is available at https://www.github.com/ProjectPanda . If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout the device tree at https://www.github.com/ProjectPanda
ProjectPanda's Github
Device Tree Source code including Ice Cream Sandwich kernel source is now available at http://www.github.com/ProjectPanda for everyone's viewing pleasure.

What Works
Backup & Restore Flashing of zips Wiping of drives

Known Issues
Reboot issue maybe? Untested.

Last edited:

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: [PORT][CWM]ProjectPanda for Viper LTE

It should be a option where you can backup your log to your cache partition in the recovery in advanced in think.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

Thanks.

EDIT: Okay, from the looks of it, the /emmc and /external_sd isn't being picked up correctly. Some MAJOR revamping has to be done to the recovery but it's safe for flashing.

EDIT 2: Looks as if some mount points aren't correct? Attempting a fix and will re-build.

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

i tried to get a logcat but it says logcat not found,

edit. tried to get it while in recovery and it said not found. was able to when the phone is booted

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Nigel, I assume you are working on the install instructions in the "reserved" space?

Freaking awesome work. You guys are phone ninjas

Sent from my Viper 4G LTE on the "coming soon" network

pmoneyprix

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

When I tried to push it via term emulator it said permission denied... I'm rooted with super user obviously . Am I missing a command? Thanks.

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

did you type su and hit enter before busybox dd if=/data/local/tmp/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13?

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

When I tried to push it via term emulator it said permission denied... I'm rooted with super user obviously . Am I missing a command? Thanks.

Put su in the term emulator first and let it grant you the rights. Then continue.

Nigel, I assume you are working on the install instructions in the "reserved" space?

Freaking awesome work. You guys are phone ninjas

I am. First, I was storing all the storage drivers in the reserved space which woulds be cleared after rebooting but apparently the drivers are not being applied like they're supposed to so the /emmc and /sdcard isn't being correctly loaded.

lmoore55

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Do this in terminal, make sure platform-tools is in your $PATH.

adb push recovery.img /data/local/tmp/recovery.img
adb shell
su
dd if=/data/local/tmp/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

Put su in the term emulator first and let it grant you the rights. Then continue.

I am. First, I was storing all the storage drivers in the reserved space which woulds be cleared after rebooting but apparently the drivers are not being applied like they're supposed to so the /emmc and /sdcard isn't being correctly loaded.

Sweet... I wasn't going to root, and just wait for the ota, but not not being able to access my GPS settings via my nfc toggle is starting to piss me off!

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

You guys could try to use the flash_image binary to flash it, if someone could confirm it works.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2