1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Endless loop on boot

My wife has only had this viper 4glte for a few weeks, and I've got zero experience with Android phones.... The phone will not boot, and just stays in an endless loop showing the Sprint logo then the 4G logo. A battery pull does nothing to help. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Endless loop on boot

hold vol down and power and do hard reset and follow prompts. did anyone try too make changes too the phone
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    hold vol down and power and do hard reset and follow prompts. did anyone try too make changes too the phone
    That shuts the phone off, but as soon as I turn it back on, same problem. The only change that may have happened is she might have installed some app, but nothing too crazy I'm sure.

That's a soft brick (bootloop), follow the unbrick method, and it'll be fine.

How To Unbrick LGLS840 Back too LS840ZVC Firmware and fix OTA update Android 4.0.4 when released

Sent from my LG Viper 4g LTE using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by dark_mirage; 10-15-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

It sucks the stock recovery ( if you can call it that ) will only let you factory reset. The problem could be easily solved if it would let us wipe the cache/dalvik-cache, because it sounds like the dcache got corrupted somehow.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    It sucks the stock recovery ( if you can call it that ) will only let you factory reset. The problem could be easily solved if it would let us wipe the cache/dalvik-cache, because it sounds like the dcache got corrupted somehow.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    if debugging enabled, can easily wipe dalvik via adb.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2