Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Default Re: How To Unbrick LGLS840 Back too LS840ZVC OR LS840ZVD Firmware

Quote Originally Posted by trailz View Post
    got to 98% and the lg tool kept saying verno... verno... error wm_progress_msg we can't communicate with specific port FAIL

but phone is up and running again so to hell with it i guess. note to self dont unistall sprint id

thanks again.
    Yep, you aren't the only one. No biggie.

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored Bionic using Tapatalk 2
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by trailz View Post
    got to 98% and the lg tool kept saying verno... verno... error wm_progress_msg we can't communicate with specific port FAIL

but phone is up and running again so to hell with it i guess. note to self dont unistall sprint id

thanks again.
    Sometimes it does that. that because your diag isn't on. if someone has the diag on. It will go too like 108 percent. As long as it reboot your device is fully restored
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Updated the OP at step 13 too help clear things up for new users
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here
    Thanked by:

When I go to run as admin I am getting an error saying my side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the event log blah blah blah. What am I doing wrong?

I got the LG file on my C drive.

Thanks
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Quote Originally Posted by catchjeff View Post
    When I go to run as admin I am getting an error saying my side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the event log blah blah blah. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    your missing microsoft visual C++, I got a idea I will send you a PM with info
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Thanks
    Check your PM ok what you need is there
    Thanked by:

I am stuck.. Windows 7 64bit telling me"
    The ordinal 7118 could not be located in the dynamic link lybrary mfc90.dll

I douwnloaded mfc90.dll and put it in the SYSTEM32 folder...still...same message
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Quote Originally Posted by AnimatedSkyn View Post

I douwnloaded mfc90.dll and put it in the SYSTEM32 folder...still...same message
    thats a first time I heard of this one

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

I was having that same problem. You have to download this file: Download Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center.

For some reason, the LG Flashtool requires the 32-bit version of C++, and won't recognize 64bit versions. I had that same problem for a few days.
    Current Device: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean 4.2.1
    Previous Devices: HTC Evo Shift 4G & iPhone 3GS 16GB

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    thats a first time I heard of this one
    That was the problem I kept having trying to use the unbrick method. 64-bit versions of Windows are hard to work with.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Quote Originally Posted by mij9895 View Post
    That was the problem I kept having trying to use the unbrick method. 64-bit versions of Windows are hard to work with.
    I use windows 7 64 bit on my gateway laptop. Hmmm this something I haven't heard of. If someone can tell me what step in the unbrick method this happen I might be able too narrow down the source

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    I use windows 7 64 bit on my gateway laptop. Hmmm this something I haven't heard of. If someone can tell me what step in the unbrick method this happen I might be able too narrow down the source
    People should install the file I posted a little bit ago before they try to open the LG Flashtool. Visual Studio users might already have it installed, as it seems it's part of the Visual Studio tools. LG made the Flashtool based on Microsoft's MFC (Microsoft Foundation Class Library) platform.
    tommyjoesanders likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Thanks
    check your pm
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mij9895 View Post
    I was having that same problem. You have to download this file: Download Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) from Official Microsoft Download Center.

For some reason, the LG Flashtool requires the 32-bit version of C++, and won't recognize 64bit versions. I had that same problem for a few days.
    I will be trying thos when i get home LATE tonight. Thanks in advance.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

I will be trying thos when i get home LATE tonight. Thanks in advance.
    If some reason that doesn't work PM me I have another way that can help you
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

I just got a email from dropbox that I have too much traffic and they suspended the account for 72 hrs. I will post temp download link until the block is removed. I am uploading the files now.

EDIT - Temp link is setup for now look below step 2 and you see it

Tommy

thank you very much for your help in getting my phone unbricked. Thank you also for the update to ICS and figuring out how to install the update. We dont need no stinking Sprint to push any updates, we gots tommy. Thanks man
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  

I would like too take time and thank you members of Android Central for all the feedback and support. We have a great team of players on here working on projects on a daily basis too find ways too improve our devices. I would like too thank nigel and his people that been working and beta testing recovery so we can start making custom roms and be able too use recovery too start installing them. also I would like too thank everyone that was working on pulling the update.zip from google server so we could start installing ICS manually. we have alot of people working on that project . and that was a task alone. So thank you too uvstr36, nigel, lmoore, wormy, and too everyone else working on this project and If I have forgot anyone please let me know. Because you deserve your credit. I would like too also thank dark_mirage and his tester for working on flashable rom. So the point that I am making too this is we have the tools and talent and great group of people on here and I am looking forward too working with anyone that needs help or some beta testing and I am hoping very soon I will be able too make some kernels and roms. I will be taking sometime off from the forum starting in May 2013 as we are expecting new addition too our family. So in the meantime I am going too do what I enjoy too do and that is keep finding ways too help the forum out and keep making friends on the forum. Me and n0ve are trying too get together too start on some projects as well. So thank you n0ve for what your doing as well.
    Thanked by 4:
    uvstr36 likes this.

I can get all the way up to where you ask me to change my com ports. I can't find my device manager on my computer anywhere. Help?
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Quote Originally Posted by StephenUtterback View Post
    I can get all the way up to where you ask me to change my com ports. I can't find my device manager on my computer anywhere. Help?
    on windows 7 here the steps ok
    Notes- put phone into download mode first
    click on windows icon
    right click on computers, then go to properties and click that. now you get a new window too popup. look for device manager on the left side of that popup and select device manager. then look for comm port and look for LGE android net serial port. and highlight it and then right click and look for properties and then select properties then look for port settings click that and then click advance and look for com port and thats where you change it com port 41 and then click on ok and your done.
    Thanked by:

I keep getting a side by side configuration issue please help
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Quote Originally Posted by padilla816 View Post
    download this file and install it . then follow the unbrick method guide. this will fix side by side
    LGFlash12.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Tommy Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by padilla816 View Post
    The guide explains, your getting that error due to lack of .net framework or c+

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

It appears on Windows 8 the LG driver doesn't create the Com Port as stated in the steps. Searching for a way to make the unbrick method work with Windows 8.

Edit...

My mistake...had to reboot phone and it showed up.

Thanks again tommy, i definitely will contact you soon and we'll start working on something, especially since we can create TI backup flashable roms w/ system/user app+data =)...i have alot of alphas done, just really not having much time to be on here, within a few days when im caught up with paid work, we'll catch up.
    alexchingon619 likes this.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast