Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Default Re: How To Unbrick LGLS840 Back too LS840ZVC OR LS840ZVD Firmware

Hey Tommy, any way you could update this thread and throw the ZVI update in the op and topic too, just since it is pinned so we can find it easily? I know you posted it in the other thread.

Appreciate all the help you've provided around here!

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

Quote Originally Posted by libertus77 View Post
    Hey Tommy, any way you could update this thread and throw the ZVI update in the op and topic too, just since it is pinned so we can find it easily? I know you posted it in the other thread.

Appreciate all the help you've provided around here!

Sent from my V6Supercharged ICS-Flavored LG Viper using Tapatalk 2
    I made that change for you man. It is the op now. just look below LS840ZVD link.
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

hey...ive restored wit this method before and it worked...i am now trying to restore once again...im following the steps exactly as told...but as soon as i hit the yellow arrow to start...it just hangs on "READY" in the yellow box...any advice?

ROM
    Everchanging

Quote Originally Posted by joearaujo5488 View Post
    hey...ive restored wit this method before and it worked...i am now trying to restore once again...im following the steps exactly as told...but as soon as i hit the yellow arrow to start...it just hangs on "READY" in the yellow box...any advice?
    Unplug and plug back in

Is there a way to find the msl number without alogcat ? It wasnt responding when i tried that way..

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjoesanders View Post
    The program will open up. Now we need too program the LG Flashtool Software with Official LG DLL and Firmware and Comm Port
    I dont understand when i load up lg flashtool i have a gray box where do i go from there

I can't get this to work. Is this guide for windows 7 x64? When I click on the arrow to start the process, it just says Ready!!! I unplug and reconnect the phone, no change.
    flashaholic

Global Posts
    394 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by rose114221 View Post
    I can't get this to work. Is this guide for windows 7 x64? When I click on the arrow to start the process, it just says Ready!!! I unplug and reconnect the phone, no change.
    Did you go into device manager and change the port number?

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #59  

Hey guys had too check in and see whats new. I want too let everyone know. I no longer have a LG Viper 4G LTE. Due too number of replacements I had . So sprint was so wonderful and put me on Sprint Galaxy Nexus . I will provide much help as I can and any new updates that roll out I will post them. Since I can still get the Official tools and software. I will help out anyone that are having issues with there device. Happy Holidays
    If you like my work or If I helped you. Please show some love and click the thanks button or donate here

Hey guys had too check in and see whats new. I want too let everyone know. I no longer have a LG Viper 4G LTE. Due too number of replacements I had . So sprint was so wonderful and put me on Sprint Galaxy Nexus . I will provide much help as I can and any new updates that roll out I will post them. Since I can still get the Official tools and software. I will help out anyone that are having issues with there device. Happy Holidays
    Glad to see you around, another nexus swapper eh :/ .

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2

lg flashtool not supported with my windows 8

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by unna View Post
    lg flashtool not supported with my windows 8
    Go to compatibility mode and run as Windows 7.

Official OpenROM Developer
    Want to contribute to OpenROM? Click HERE.
    Want to view my personal GitHub? Click HERE.

what is device manager ?
    is it lg flash tool

Is it just me or is the link to the ZVI blocked now? Can we get an updated location?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

Quote Originally Posted by mharrison82 View Post
    Is it just me or is the link to the ZVI blocked now? Can we get an updated location?
    Just found out that was blocked due too high amount of traffic. uploading a mirror site. will post a mirror link when the update is done

here is new link for LS840ZVI https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzPB...VNUXByMVE/edit
    also updated op as well

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Just found out that was blocked due too high amount of traffic. uploading a mirror site. will post a mirror link when the update is done

here is new link for LS840ZVI https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzPB...VNUXByMVE/edit
    also updated op as well
    I can host it on my webserver if you want me too

Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #67  

Quote Originally Posted by thenameisnigel View Post
    I can host it on my webserver if you want me too
    Please do Nigel . we still have alot of people using these files. you have my permission and thank you for helping me

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Please do Nigel . we still have alot of people using these files. you have my permission and thank you for helping me

Alright, I'll PM you the link once I have it up.

19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

Alright, I'll PM you the link once I have it up.
    thank you nigel ,

Global Posts
    1,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

thank you nigel ,
    http://downloads.gitmanagement.tk/android/LS840ZVI.zip

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

Thank you hosting the file for me. I added you too my op in the credits for hosting the files
    thenameisnigel likes this.

I'm trying to unbrick my Viper. I rooted it and disabled the voicemail and messenger apps on it, and a few others which I don't recall, and now I get the "security error".

Now, I've followed all the steps. I'm using the files from this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...dll-print.html

When I load the files in the LG Tool, following the instructions above, and hit the start button, nothing seems to happen. The start-button fades (as expected) and the stop-button lights up, indicating that something has started. But the phone just sits doing seemingly nothing. Has the same message "Download is in progress do not disconnect cable" but no matter how long I wait, nothing happens.

I see no % indicator on my computer or phone. The phone did have Android 4.0.4 and I do have the drivers installed. I was sure to double check the com ports in the device manager and followed the steps as best I can. All I can figure is that the dll file isn't quite what my phone wants or something.

I've tried unplugging and replugging the USB but no luck.

Running Windows 7 64bit.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #73  

Quote Originally Posted by redfishsc View Post
    I'm trying to unbrick my Viper. I rooted it and disabled the voicemail and messenger apps on it, and a few others which I don't recall, and now I get the "security error".
    Now, I've followed all the steps. I'm using the files from this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...dll-print.html

When I load the files in the LG Tool, following the instructions above, and hit the start button, nothing seems to happen. The start-button fades (as expected) and the stop-button lights up, indicating that something has started. But the phone just sits doing seemingly nothing. Has the same message "Download is in progress do not disconnect cable" but no matter how long I wait, nothing happens.

I see no % indicator on my computer or phone. The phone did have Android 4.0.4 and I do have the drivers installed. I was sure to double check the com ports in the device manager and followed the steps as best I can. All I can figure is that the dll file isn't quite what my phone wants or something.

I've tried unplugging and replugging the USB but no luck.

Running Windows 7 64bit.
    check your pm

EDIT TO ABOVE reply.

I have the LG tool working now. I had one step that I was screwing up. I was not seeing the "manual mode" check box under the Model Settings.

I was actually selecting the correct files to begin with, but I wasn't selecting the manual mode checkbox and removing the pre-loaded file names (which were the same files, just as you said in the tutorial).

It's seemingly doing it's thing now. We'll see when it's done. Thanks for all your help.

EDIT again--- It worked. Thank you for all your help in this tutorial, you were as clear as you needed to be and I just didn't notice the "manual mode" button.

The LG tool actually snagged at 88%, and then gave me a red warning "Download Fail" and lost communication with "specific port".

Well either way the phone is working now, restored to original factory bloatware-obesity. Now to root it and NOT delete the wrong crap like I did the other day.

Thanks!

Matt
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

Quote Originally Posted by redfishsc View Post
    EDIT TO ABOVE reply.

I have the LG tool working now. I had one step that I was screwing up. I was not seeing the "manual mode" check box under the Model Settings.

Once the phone reboots the first time you can unplug the phone. most of the time it will 98 percent and turn red in percentage . but don't worry when phone reboots its unbricked.

I was actually selecting the correct files to begin with, but I wasn't selecting the manual mode checkbox and removing the pre-loaded file names (which were the same files, just as you said in the tutorial).

It's seemingly doing it's thing now. We'll see when it's done. Thanks for all your help.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast