Factory Images To Restore Your Phone Back to Factory or Unbrick Your Phone

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
All files in zip are officially from LG (DLL,TOT,LG FLASH Tools)
Credits and Thank You belong too LG and special thank you too n0ve and very special thank you too nigel for hosting my files.

I have a new method how too flash your bricked phone back to factory stock. This flash is the LG Official firmware. This flash will wipe out everything and correctly flash prl,stock recovery,all partition. So let the get the ball rolling and lets hopefully get your phone back too fully working. Please follow all steps no short cutting, or altering files may cause issues with hardware and software too your phone. Please make sure you can get your phone in download mode before doing anything else.

Install this zip If your Missing Microsoft C++ Dev-Host - FLASH_1.2.45.921.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Directions - Please read them carefully

1. Please make sure you have your LG Drivers installed before you start this process

2. Please download this file from this link provided I am giving you a choice on the firmware you want too reflash the phone

LS840ZVD - Dev-Host - LS840ZVD.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
LS840ZVI - http://downloads.gitmanagement.tk/android/LS840ZVI.zip thank you nigel for hosting this file for me.
LS840ZVK - Dev-Host - LS840ZVK.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
3. When the download is complete. Please open the zip folder and you will see a folder inside the zip called LG. take the LG folder and move it too C: drive

4. Please have at least 60 percent battery or more and put the phone in download mode. too get the phone in download mode. Plug the usb card and wait for battery icon too show and then hold vol up and power and keep holding it until you see a screen that says downloading in progress.

5. Now go too your device manager and look for your com ports and find your LGE Android USB Serial Port. Now double click it and look for advance and then click it. now we have too change the com port too 41. when you are done press ok and close it out.

6. Unplug your usb connection from phone and leave phone in download mode.

7. Now open your windows explorer go to C:\LG\LGFLASHTOOL and look for the filename LGFLASHTOOL and right click it and run as admin.

8. The program will open up. Now we need too program the LG Flashtool Software with Official LG DLL and Firmware and Comm Port

9. Go to port settings in the LG FlashTool program and select port 1 only. and please ok.

10. now we need too go too model settings in LG FlashTool and we need too select dll and tot files. I know it will show that we show the tot and dll already setup. But we too remove them and re add them. So do that now by choosing manual mode. and then select your dll and tot and please ok when done.

11. Now plug your usb cable back too the phone.

12. Now we are ready too flash the phone.

13. too start the flash you will press the arrow on the top left side of LG FlashTool and begin the process. Please don't let your desktop or laptop cutoff during the process. Please do not remove phone from usb cable until after the first reboot complete. It doesn't matter what percent your LG FlashTool is showing and youu can close out LG FlashTool at that point. do a factory reset after you get too your home screen for the first time. now you device is ready too be used

14. Good Luck and hope this guide will help you and please show me so love and click the thanks button. I busted my hump too get these programs.

Notes- If your phone doesn't start the flash after pressing the arrow. just unplug the phone the download mode will stay on and replug in the usb port you used and within a few seconds it will begin.

Notes- Please use windows explorer too unzip the file so you can see LG folder too copy too c: drive of your pc. also once the phone reboots for the first time you can unplug the phone. also if you remember your msl number please do a ##786# enter your MSL so you will have a fresh voice and data.

Notes- This method will allow too install ICS Manually using this guide http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-viper-4g-lte/221242-manually-install-ics-direction.html

P.S. Will be posting screen shots of each step

Last edited:

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: How To Unbrick LGLS840 Back too LS840ZVC OR LS840ZVD Firmware

Hopefully this guide is a little bit better for everyone. I posted both firmware version so everyone could have a choice. I have plans too post screen shots with in a day or so. IF anything is incorrect in the op please pm me so I can corrected it. IF anyone has issues need help please pm me and I will get back with you ASAP.

wolfygang

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

I had an "Application Configuration Incorrect" and my computer needed visual C++
If anyone one else had the problem here is the link: Search results - Microsoft Download Center

I also have a question the program stops at 98% and has a port failure is this because my phone has a bad esn?

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

nope as long as the phone boots up after the flash. your phone is ready too go. sometimes its does the 98 percent and sometime it doesn't

wolfygang

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

ok, and also idk if this is against the rules or anything, you obviously seem to know a lot i bought this phone (has a bad esn) but he told me it can be activated still on page plus if i can find someone to flash it to page plus, would you happen to know anything about that any guides you know of or anything?

I soft bricked it for the 2nd time now messing around with stuff lol

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

you would need too speak too someone at page plus. The only software listed in LG database for that phone is for sprint. and Page Plus uses Verizon network

wolfygang

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

Wouldnt it be a matter of unlocking it and then there would be no issues flashing it?
Also do you happen to have vs660.dll for the viper?

staticK78

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site

Thank you very much for this tool. It worked like a gem and, for me at least, it went to 100% & even beyond. One side note, I had to turn off my virus protection software on my Windows laptop when downloading the Lg toolkit & files. When it was left on, it would change the tot file so it wouldn't be recognized.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Thank you very much for this tool. It worked like a gem and, for me at least, it went to 100% & even beyond. One side note, I had to turn off my virus protection software on my Windows laptop when downloading the Lg toolkit & files. When it was left on, it would change the tot file so it wouldn't be recognized.
glad too help out with your phone issues

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

I just want too take a moment and say thank you the forum and the members of this forum. for the respect and thanks and likes you guys give me. I try my best too give the best advice and support that I can too others. and I try my best too help members anyway that i can and I will keep doing that too the best that I can. Thank you all very much

NMherron

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Worked perfectly to unroot my Viper. Now to go manual install ICS. ;)

Robert

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I can't find the LGE Android USB Serial Port in my device manager. Can someone help me? I'm running Windows 7.

Nevermind, I got that part, now I just keep getting a mfc90.dll error.

Last edited:

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

I can't find the LGE Android USB Serial Port in my device manager. Can someone help me? I'm running Windows 7.
have the phone plug in too different usb port and put the phone into download mode. if it doesn't show after that you need too reinstall the usb drivers from lg

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

have the phone plug in too different usb port and put the phone into download mode. if it doesn't show after that you need too reinstall the usb drivers from lg

Check my edited post. Mfc90.dll isn't working.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE LS840 using Tapatalk 2

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Nevermind, I got that part, now I just keep getting a mfc90.dll error.
are you trying too unbrick your phone. if you have teamviewer for windows. I can help you by remote access. PM you decide too go that directions.

mij9895

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

are you trying too unbrick your phone. if you have teamviewer for windows. I can help you by remote access. PM you decide too go that directions.

I'm having issues using eHRPD data and my phone not recognizing LTE in a known live area. I want to start over and reinstall from scratch.

And no i don't have teamviewer. I'm tethering from my phone for my internet connection today.

tommyjoesanders

May 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm having issues using eHRPD data and my phone not recognizing LTE in a known live area. I want to start over and reinstall from scratch.

And no i don't have teamviewer. I'm tethering from my phone for my internet connection today.

the best advice i can offer you is disable LTE and then use your phone dialer and press ##72786# enter your MSL and it will reprogram your data/cellular and then after the second reboot turn on LTE and should resolve your issues. I hope that resolve your issues you are having

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey